5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant children's book
I bought this book to use as a topic for my class, to learn about light and dark and narrative.

The children loved this story and so did I, it is about a little bear who cannot go to sleep because he is afraid of the dark. The story is about big bear trying to solve this problem until eventually he falls asleep.

The book is beautifully illustrated...
Published 17 months ago by mrsb2011

2.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully presented book but story was not as expected
Beautifully presented book but story was not as expected. My little ones have no problems going to bed and are not afraid of the dark (yet!).
Published 1 month ago by mb

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant children's book, 24 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Can't You Sleep, Little Bear? (Paperback)

The book is beautifully illustrated and the language is good in the story. I also used this book to introduce the children to questions and how we know what they are and when someone is asking a question. From an educational point of view this book offers a lot.

The book also made the children laugh and they identified the repetition which they enjoyed joining in with. The children were glued to the book as it was being read and were interested in finding out what was going to happen to help little bear fall asleep.

Some children identified with the story as they found the dark scary. This also helped them to see that there is nothing to be frightened of, and reassured them.

I love this book as it is brilliant for combining literacy with the science topic light and dark.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 8 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Can't You Sleep, Little Bear? (Paperback)
This was my favourite book when I was a child and I had been looking everywhere for it so I could give it to my daughter at christmas. Great price on amazon and arrived on time in mint condition(25th anniversary edition!)
Really glad I looked on amazon for this-made my day reading through it with my little girl for the first time and remembering it from my own childhood!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Can't You Sleep, Little Bear? (Paperback)
This is a lovely gentle story which is perfect for bedtime reading. The words just flow in a soft and peaceful tone which gently encourages relaxation ready for sleep. You cannot go wrong with this book. Every child should have it read to them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Present, 21 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Can't You Sleep, Little Bear? (Paperback)
For my nephew, this was a childhood book for me. Lovely quality, beautiful illustrations just wonderful. Would def recommend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully presented book but story was not as expected, 28 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Can't You Sleep, Little Bear? (Paperback)
I was expecting a relaxing bed time story, however on every page it highlights the night and bedtime being something to be scared of and to me this would just create a problem that was never there. I can see that it could be a good book if your little ones did already have issues with bedtime and the dark though.

5.0 out of 5 stars This was one of y favourite books as a child so I knew it needed ..., 10 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Can't You Sleep, Little Bear? (Paperback)
This was one of y favourite books as a child so I knew it needed to be in my little boys collection. Perfectly worded story with Beautiful illustrations - a real heartwarming and cosy bedtime story - no suprise it has had so many years ofsuccess

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic childrens book, 15 Nov. 2013
DJ NORMANSELL (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Can't You Sleep, Little Bear? (Paperback)
I reviewed this book with my small children 25 years ago and it went on to win an award. It was lovely to buy it for my grandson. Beautiful illustrations and heartwarming story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Little bear series, 2 Jan. 2014
J. Clarke (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Can't You Sleep, Little Bear? (Paperback)
My son requested this from the pictures in the cover of "You and me little bear" and it has lived up to good expectations as a bedtime story book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely bedtime story, 21 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Can't You Sleep, Little Bear? (Paperback)
One of my favourite childhood books, I bought this book for my 15 week old daughter and I enjoy reading it to her before bedtime. A lovely story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 15 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Can't You Sleep, Little Bear? (Paperback)
In great condition, was an old book that I had as a child and I couldn't fine it anywhere else. So I'm very happy with the purchase.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Can't You Sleep, Little Bear?
Can't You Sleep, Little Bear? by Martin Waddell (Paperback - 5 Sept. 2013)