5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: Can't You Sleep, Little Bear? (Paperback)
This is a lovely gentle story which is perfect for bedtime reading. The words just flow in a soft and peaceful tone which gently encourages relaxation ready for sleep. You cannot go wrong with this book. Every child should have it read to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Can't You Sleep, Little Bear? (Paperback)
This was my favourite book when I was a child and I had been looking everywhere for it so I could give it to my daughter at christmas. Great price on amazon and arrived on time in mint condition(25th anniversary edition!)
Really glad I looked on amazon for this-made my day reading through it with my little girl for the first time and remembering it from my own childhood!

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant children's book, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: Can't You Sleep, Little Bear? (Paperback)
I bought this book to use as a topic for my class, to learn about light and dark and narrative.

The children loved this story and so did I, it is about a little bear who cannot go to sleep because he is afraid of the dark. The story is about big bear trying to solve this problem until eventually he falls asleep.

The book is beautifully illustrated and the language is good in the story. I also used this book to introduce the children to questions and how we know what they are and when someone is asking a question. From an educational point of view this book offers a lot.

The book also made the children laugh and they identified the repetition which they enjoyed joining in with. The children were glued to the book as it was being read and were interested in finding out what was going to happen to help little bear fall asleep.

Some children identified with the story as they found the dark scary. This also helped them to see that there is nothing to be frightened of, and reassured them.

I love this book as it is brilliant for combining literacy with the science topic light and dark.

4.0 out of 5 stars Present, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: Can't You Sleep, Little Bear? (Paperback)
For my nephew, this was a childhood book for me. Lovely quality, beautiful illustrations just wonderful. Would def recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the bear books, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: Can't You Sleep, Little Bear? (Paperback)
We read the Bear books to our sons, time and time again. Now reading them to our grandson. This one our favourite.

5.0 out of 5 stars An old favourite, 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: Can't You Sleep, Little Bear? (Paperback)
One of my now adult children's books. How lovely to have the 25th Anniversary edition for the new generation of fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Little bear series, 2 Jan 2014
J. Clarke (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Can't You Sleep, Little Bear? (Paperback)
My son requested this from the pictures in the cover of "You and me little bear" and it has lived up to good expectations as a bedtime story book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 15 Nov 2013
This review is from: Can't You Sleep, Little Bear? (Paperback)
In great condition, was an old book that I had as a child and I couldn't fine it anywhere else. So I'm very happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic childrens book, 15 Nov 2013
DJ NORMANSELL (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Can't You Sleep, Little Bear? (Paperback)
I reviewed this book with my small children 25 years ago and it went on to win an award. It was lovely to buy it for my grandson. Beautiful illustrations and heartwarming story.

5.0 out of 5 stars This was one of y favourite books as a child so I knew it needed ..., 10 Sep 2014
This review is from: Can't You Sleep, Little Bear? (Paperback)
This was one of y favourite books as a child so I knew it needed to be in my little boys collection. Perfectly worded story with Beautiful illustrations - a real heartwarming and cosy bedtime story - no suprise it has had so many years ofsuccess

Can't You Sleep, Little Bear?
Can't You Sleep, Little Bear? by Martin Waddell (Paperback - 5 Sep 2013)