5.0 out of 5 stars Public Enemy Number 2, 12 Jun 2005
By A Customer
anthony horowitz grips you from the moment you pick the book up like a steel vice. When I started reading this book (my first Anthony Horowitz book) I literally couldnt put it down. I love his jokes. Worst detective in the world, Tim Diamond, and his cunning brother Nick take you through a world of adventure. Read it now!!
Written by Sam

5.0 out of 5 stars 9yr old son loves it, 14 May 2009
This book is full of humour and adventure. My son loves these Diamond brothers books and it has helped a great deal in developing his confidence with independent reading. Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally, totally brilliant ! !, 19 Nov 2000
By A Customer
The Diamond Brothers go on yet another adventure. Nick (the good guy) ends up sharing a prison cell with public enemy number 1...Johnny Powers. I won't spoil the story anymore.
But I will say this, make sure you have done your homework before you start reading because you won't want to put the book down-trust me, this happened to me!!!
This is one of the best books by Anthony Horowitz. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillant storyline and a great book.A must buy!!!, 24 July 2001
By A Customer
What a great book.There was action all the way through and not a dull moment.Tim is so stupid and the gags in it will leave you laughing for a week.Nick being level headed and tim being pot brained and snape being sinister and powers being a complete goon worked brilliantly.The characters were great the plot and the end spellbounding.BUY IT NOW.P.S.--the squels are brillant too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 11 April 2014
Very good it's got suspense at every chapter I loved it I think it could be a film one day soon

4.0 out of 5 stars Horowitz's finest work., 9 April 2014
I first read this in about 1990, and loved the dark humour, and the way it never panders to the young reader but treats them like the quick witted youths they really are.
In fact, I was lucky enough to acquire the copy I read repeatedly, as a young boy, from my school library, some years ago, and now at the age of 30, I still give it a read.
I purchased this new edition for my Kindle, and I am dismayed to find that this, the 1997 edition according to the notes, has been edited down so much it barely makes sense, nor is it recognisable to me as the book I enjoyed so much. Huge swathes of the action, including some cracking gags, have been pruned, to the point that I'm convinced this is an abridged version, or, a special, shorter edition for today's obviously duller youth.

However I'm sure that without knowledge of what is sadly missing, you'll enjoy this story immensely, whatever your age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Public enemy number two, 10 Jan 2014
This was a brilliant book and I would recommend it to others ages between 7-adults. If you like to solve mysteries and murder then this is the book for you.

Max

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 8 Jan 2014
I enjoyed this book as much as the last one I read I will soon purchase the next one

great read

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best but a bit short, 27 Dec 2013
As soon as I got this book I started reading it at once. Sadly the book was over in one night. But over all it was a gripping novel with action packed adventure with a lot of suspense and that's just the start! For the diamond brothers fans I strongly advise this book no matter how short.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 10 Dec 2013
I loved this book do much. It is so addictive, I'm gonna buy all of them. At the end its a bit gory but very funny.
There is many corny jokes but they are funny ones as they fit with the text.
Th title is good as he gets locked up with public enemy #1.

The Diamond Brothers in Public Enemy Number Two
The Diamond Brothers in Public Enemy Number Two by Anthony Horowitz (Paperback - 7 Jun 2012)