This graphic novel adaptation of the Alex Ryder novel Skeleton Key is an excellent adventure story. I have not read any of the novels, but I am an avid comic-book reader, and found this at my local library. The story itself is excellently plotted, and the script and artwork are both excellent. The artwork is a bit too ‘cartoony’ for my usual tastes, but it somehow fits in perfectly with the feel of the story, and the Japanese artist-team’s style does seem to make it all look like a young person’s view of the world (and of James Bond films).
on 16 March 2012
My 12 and 10 year old sons already have the first two Alex Rider graphic novels so I decided to buy this one to complete their collection. It arrived very fast and I'm happy to say it didn't disappoint either of them. They have read it many times already and can't put it down! It is very colourful and I'm told by my eldest that it's the best one so far!
This is the third Alex Rider book, following on from “Stormbreaker” and “Point Blanc,” and the two previous books are also available as graphic novels. This book sees Alex rider forced to go into hiding on Skeleton Key, an island near Cuba, where a Russian General called Sarov is hatching a plan to change the history of the world…

My son loves graphic novels and these books do remain faithful to the original storyline, plus the books have excellent artwork. Anything which encourages children to read is fantastic; so if your child is daunted by longer novels, then possibly graphic novels could be the way to get them interested in books. Of course, they should be enjoyed just for what they are – which is good and exciting reads, with lots of child appeal.
on 13 September 2010
My son loved the CD of the story and althou he should be able to read the actual paperback...I spotted this comic style version & he really loved it! He is not keen to read 'long' books so this was a great compromise. He actually read it cover to cover!
on 12 June 2011
My son is dyslexic and just loves graphic novels they have opened up the world of books and goven him the confidence to read text. This one is great and he pours over it.. great price for it so all in all a great buy. More selection please Amazon!
on 4 April 2014
My son loves this range of books. Thoroughly enjoyable and a real page turner. Although recommended for teenagers my 8 yr old son has almost finished the series!
on 28 December 2014
Excellent graphics. My students love it.
on 16 March 2014
This novel was the best I've ever read! I could barely put it down! I quite desperately recommend this book to anyone wanting to buy it.
on 12 January 2010
Magnificent graphics and excellent text adaption form one of the best comic book novels of the last decade. My sons love it, and it has definitely encouraged 7-yr old to read the original novels themselves.
n/.
on 18 January 2013
As far as I know it was appreciated but it was a Christmas present, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!!!! Yeassh!!