5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! This should appeal to all those who enjoy cookery and love the Horrible Science books!
Do you want to know how to make the world's fartiest meal?
Would you like to know how to make your wee green and your poo red?
Would you like to read about some of the yuckiest (or tastiest) meals in teh world?
Then this is the book for you!

It had me giggling as I read through it! Full of amazing recipes for ordinary ... and not so ordinary...
Published 24 months ago by E. Heckingbottom

3.0 out of 5 stars wasn't for the children we know
This is an interesting book for children, however, I looked at it and think "I'm a grown up get me out of here!"

Recipes include: Giant Baked Beans, Lamb's Testicles, Eggheads, Fly Eggs, DIY Butter, Camel Hump, Bee Vomit, Porcupine Stew, Roasted Grasshopper, Silk Worm Pupae, Deep fried Scorpion, Snot and Foot Soup (aka pea and pig trotter), Jellyfish, Duck's...
Published 21 months ago by Su

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a science cookbook, 30 Oct 2012
Dr Phibes "Dr Phibes" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a science cookbook. Contains actual recipe instructions you can follow, if you really want to.

Quote from book
"I want to blow your mind. With food. Ive had Yaks penis and bulls bottom, rotten walrus and sheeps eyeballs, radioactive soup and bugs so big that you can see the look on their face"

Mad Recipes
giant chocolate rice crispy head
snot and foot soup (fronzen peas/ pigs trotters)

Crazy experiments
how many kids does it take to smash an egg
vegtable musical instruments

weird food stories
Square water melon
How margarine was invented

gastrotrumps
a range of digusting edibles
catch a fart in a jar

Although the author is a well known childrens tv presenter from CBBC (Incredible Edibles/ Gastronauts/ Food Factory) I think this book wouuld also appeal to teens and adults. Infact if you like the eating challenges on 'Im A Celebrity Get me Out Of here' then you'll love this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Do Encourage Them?, 23 Nov 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was led to believe growing up that girls were made from sugar and spice, whilst boys were manufactured via the medium of puppy dogs tails. This may not be true, but I get the gist of the rhyme when reading `Incredible Edibles', a gross out cookery book for the naughtiest type of boisterous boy. Looking at `Incredible Edibles' you would think that kids are obsessed with snot, poo and anything else gross. I can't remember being particularly that way inclined as a child and I don't think my nephews are now, so why would I encourage them?

`Incredible Edibles' is based on a CBBC show that I have never seen and after reading this book will look to avoid. It encourages an interest in cooking and diet by taking a gross out look at food. The book has some very informative segments; why food aid can be a problem, the science behind food. However, the book also has an obsession with bodily functions; either making food that looks like them, or food that creates them. Do I really want my child to cook a meal that will make me fart or my wee smell funny?

It is not just my prudish nature that makes me disinterested in this book, but also the fact that it is not very practical. Many of the recipes are pretty useless except for show and almost all the fun food experiments are just a no no. The photos in the book are also disappointing, many are low resolution stills taken from the TV show itself - they are blurry and cheap looking. I am sure that a certain type of child will love this book, I for one will not be reading it to any of my nephews as they can be rambunctious enough without this modern phenomenon in children's TV of trying to make them more so.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 16 Nov 2012
Lindsay Ritchie - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book wasn't what I expected. More science based information than recipes. Probably my own fault for not reading up on it. Much too advanced for the child it was intended for. More suited to teens or adults.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Incredible Edibles
Incredible Edibles by Stefan Gates (Paperback - 4 Oct 2012)
4.99