4.0 out of 5 stars More for adults than children
Published on 15 Mar 2012 by atk

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny but not really for kids
I have to agree with other reviewers who say this book is a little dark for kids. I know its fashionable to write edgy books for kids, but this book is not for every child. That said, the pictures are a delight, sly and funny, and the story is well told.
Published 9 months ago by qwerty

4.0 out of 5 stars More for adults than children, 15 Mar 2012
This review is from: I Want My Hat Back (Hardcover)
I bought it because it was so well reviewed - and I loved it. Beautiful illustrations (I think I may have to buy a print too!), wonderful pace and dark humour. However, it does fit that contemporary genre of "children's books that are for arty adults". So - although I do love it, and have gone on to buy it as a present for others, don't assume the younger readers will be as enamoured with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and funny, 28 Jan 2012
G. Shields (Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Want My Hat Back (Hardcover)
This is a wonderful book. It made me laugh out loud and not just on the first reading. The simple text and delightful graphic style are stylish and satisfying, and the story is hilarious, but also conveys depths of seething emotions. Tragi-comic genius! Exactly expresses the mindset of a passionate toddler, but will also appeal to adults.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Picture Book in Years, 1 Dec 2011
This review is from: I Want My Hat Back (Hardcover)
This book is BRILLIANT. The best kids book I have read in years, and we read alot in our house!
The story is great,kids love it and I laughed out loud three times when I first read it. Buy it. It is destined to become a children's classic, and if it doesn't there is no justice in the world!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book for adults to enjoy reading to Children, 29 Dec 2011
This review is from: I Want My Hat Back (Hardcover)
Fantastic book for adults to enjoy reading to Children. short enough to not be a chore but simple enough to be able to endow with your own personality - not that you need to - this book has personality in bucketloads.

5.0 out of 5 stars I want everyone to buy this book!, 22 Nov 2011
This review is from: I Want My Hat Back (Hardcover)
As a bookseller who spends most of her time in the children's department, I have read a lot of picture books. This is my absolute favourite! The pictures are so stylish, and the twist at the end made me laugh out loud when I first read it. How often do you see rage black-outs illustrated in children's books? It's also really lovely book to handle, and looks great on a book shelf. I spend my time exhorting everyone that comes into the children's department to buy it, and I really hope it becomes as popular as my other favourites by Oliver Jeffers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely hilarious for both children and adults!, 29 Jan 2012
This review is from: I Want My Hat Back (Hardcover)
I bought this after seeing it floating around Tumblr, and I have to say that it is the funniest book I have ever read. The artwork is absolutely delightful, and the story is simple yet incredibly brilliant. I absolutely adored it! I bought it as a Christmas present for a teenager, and she, too, loved it! The pages and cover are of good quality, and altogether it's quite possibly the best thing I've ever bought in my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST., 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: I Want My Hat Back (Paperback)
My faaavourite book in the whole wide world, I've never laughed and cried so hard in the middle of a shop before. - Molly, aged 17 and a half.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly entertaining, 8 Aug 2012
This review is from: I Want My Hat Back (Hardcover)
I have just purchased this book for my two year old with slight trepidation due to the nature of the one star review offered for it by a reviewer a couple of months ago. I have to say that I am SO SO SO glad I ignored their comments and followed the mood of the other reviewers; this book is hilarious, clever and a lesson in life. My daughter immediately picked up on the 'lie' and laughed out loud at the story. The illustrations are great, the book is beautifully crafted and the story if fun - what more can you ask from a children's story book?

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 Jun 2012
This review is from: I Want My Hat Back (Hardcover)
I found this book in Waterstones with my friend, we are both over 12 and by the end we were absolutely killing ourselves with laughter, very cute and funny book, was very tempted to buy it. Very good and hilarious book.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite ever children's book, 7 Nov 2013
Richard Wilson (Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Want My Hat Back (Paperback)
We borrowed this book from the library and was an instant hit with all of us (me, my wife, my 5 year old, my 2 year old and grandparents!) so we had to buy our own copy. Very dry humour, albeit just a little dark at the end. My 2-year old is fine with the implicit eating of the rabbit at the end - although she likes the fact the rabbit appears on the inside back cover, which we used to convince her that the rabbit wasn't really eaten.

I Want My Hat Back
I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen (Paperback - 4 Oct 2012)
5.24