5.0 out of 5 stars This is now an integral part of my daughters bedtime routine
We're unashamed Maisy fans, but this book is brilliant. My daughter has had a copy from her first Christmas, in December 1999, when she recieved a paperback version. We recently had to buy this hardback version because she'd worn the first one out!
The book takes us through Maisy's and Panda
s bedtime routine with easy flowing text, and the usual fun Maisy...
Published on 19 Nov 2001

1.0 out of 5 stars What a disappointment
I ordered Maisy's Bedtime described as very good condition only to find that it appears 'nibbled' on the edges and the front cover looks tatty!
Very disappointed - I shall never buy used item again
Published on 21 Aug 2011 by Nicky O

5.0 out of 5 stars This is now an integral part of my daughters bedtime routine, 19 Nov 2001
The book takes us through Maisy's and Panda
s bedtime routine with easy flowing text, and the usual fun Maisy illustrations.
My daughter, Lucy, has two particular favourite pages, one where Maisy and Panda need to go to the loo before bed, and the other where Maisy brushes her teeth. We usually have to revisit the tooth brushing page before putting the book down.
As we've been reading this book to her for so long, she know's it very well. To the extent that it has become part of her bedtime routine. When we go upstairs she usaully demands that we "brush teeth like Maisy" before putting her down.
I think that the good thing about this, and most of the other of books in the Maisy series, is that they inspire discussion. You don't just read them, and put them down, you talk about them with your child.
The fact that the book comes with a dress up Maisy doll was a huge bonus. I've not seen one like it in the shops, and my daughter was thrilled when we gave it to her. She's had endless fun cuddling Maisy, taking her shirt and trousers off, then putting them back on again.
We've really enjoyed this book, and I hope other famillies will get as much out of it as we have.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for 18 - 24 months, 28 Dec 2008
My daughter instantly fell in love with panda and panda instantly became a euphemism for going to the loo. So if i leave the room she inquires of anyone still in it "mama, panda?" to their complete mystifictaion. Good for getting them used to the idea of (and attraction of) the potty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Won't sleep without it, 7 Oct 2009
Karen MacDonald (Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This is aimed at age 3 and above, so I'm not going to let the fact that our copy is more sellotape than paper affect the rating, as my daughter is just coming up to her first birthday and it has been a favourite for months, since we received it free with a magazine.

I only have to recite the first page 'It's bedtime for Maisy and Panda' and she beams and starts to settle. Now she is starting to talk, this book has helped us to confirm that she understands 'no' to be a neutral, descriptive word, rather than just meaning 'stop that', as she now answers me when we read the page asking if the missing Panda is in the toy box. Need I say that my daughters panda glove puppet is a favourite, and an essential part of the bedtime routine?

I am now looking for more Maisy, as it is the only one of her (many) books that she will actually interact with. Where do I start - such choice...?

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, but beware the bellybutton!, 8 Mar 2002
By A Customer
We are also true fans, but the additional Maisy doll really was the icing on te cake! My son is 18 months old, and he really loves it-especially taking off the clothes, and is truly amazed and delighted to see that Maisy has a bellybutton, too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Maisy's Bedtime, 28 Nov 2000
By A Customer
A fun, well-illustrated book, with big pictures which goes through the routine of getting ready for bed. I enjoyed reading it with my child, but as the pages are thin, it is the type of book you would read to your child, rather than letting them have a go.

4.0 out of 5 stars one of the better books in the maisy range, 19 April 2012
easy to follow story for toddlers. this story is better than some of the other maisy stories that are too complex for the age range

5.0 out of 5 stars Maisy is fun, 15 April 2014
This review is from: Maisy's Bedtime (Paperback)
My grandson really enjoyed this book and we have read it many times. Will be collecting more of this series.

4.0 out of 5 stars My granddaughter loved this book, 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: Maisy's Bedtime (Paperback)
My 2 year old granddaughter loves Maisie.
She has quite a few Maisie books and even a Maisie doll.
The stories don't appeal to me and I think there are much better books on the market for toddlers. However, my granddaughter really loved this book. I had to read it to her again and again. So many times that she memorised it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maisy at her best!, 15 Dec 2013
This review is from: Maisy's Bedtime (Paperback)
Another great story from Lucy Cousins; my granddaughter loves these stories. Lovely illustrations and gentle story lines make this a perfect read.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 21 April 2013
This review is from: Maisy's Bedtime (Paperback)
My son loves this book.every bedtime I have to read it to him he smiles away.so glad I ordered it and have now ordered some more of maisy does.

Maisy's Bedtime
Maisy's Bedtime by Lucy Cousins (Paperback - 4 April 2011)