4.0 out of 5 stars Very popular with my 3yo, 11 Mar. 2013
Ms. A. Duffy (Washington, Tyne and Wear, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Living with Mum and Living with Dad: My Two Homes (Hardcover)
I bought this for my two children as me and their dad were splitting up. The book is simple and charming, and covers a ll the main worries that my children had. The book itself is also pretty hardwearing, which is always useful for younger children. I would say it is best for younger (2-4) children, but older ones would enjoy it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for young children to understand difficulties after a breakup, 18 Dec. 2013
C. Harris "lil gem" (UK) - See all my reviews
Very simple words and pictures which get across the fact that mummy and daddy not living together is OK and not their fault!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the younger children, 16 Jun. 2014
I bought this book to read with my 3 and 5 year-olds as we begin our new life where they spend 50% of their time with mum and 50% with dad.

The pictures are nice and the words and story are simple, my 5 year-old (almost 6) is probably at the older range of appreciating this book, but she still enjoys lifting the flaps and reading this by herself.

The message that they might be living in two separate houses with separate routines and things, but they are loved by both parents and their families is spot on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent content, flaps a little flimsy., 28 Aug. 2014
My 3 nearly 4 year old daughter is enjoying this book. I share care 50:50 with dad and this has helped her process changes. Asking questions. She likes opening the flaps, they do appear a little flimsy and I can tell with her eagerness they may need some repair in the future! Very appropriate for her age. Good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 9 Oct. 2014
Brilliant book. My 16 month year old grandson already loves this book for the pictures alone, but seems to enjoy the story too. Hoping it will help him deal with his change in circumstances by "normalising" what is happening.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 11 Oct. 2013
Bought this for my niece to normalise her situation - mum and dad living in separate houses. She had just started school full time and wanted her to be confident about her family set up. Perfect !

5.0 out of 5 stars would be fine for younger too, 20 Oct. 2014
This was a lovely book bought for a six year old, would be fine for younger too, gives an opportunity for both parents to read with child in their separate homes.

4.0 out of 5 stars ... my nursery workplace and its proven to be a great hit with explaining this type of situation to children, 16 Jan. 2015
Bought this for my nursery workplace and its proven to be a great hit with explaining this type of situation to children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for helping children come to terms with this ..., 1 Nov. 2014
L. B. Frankish (Rutland, UK) - See all my reviews
Lovely bold illustrations with simple text. Great book for helping children come to terms with this kind of transition.

5.0 out of 5 stars very helpful book, 1 Dec. 2012
bought for a friend and they loved it found it very helpful for their situation as their daughter loved the book

Living with Mum and Living with Dad: My Two Homes
Living with Mum and Living with Dad: My Two Homes by Melanie Walsh (Hardcover - 5 April 2012)