Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Shop now Shop now DIYED Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 August 2011
When the visitors leave the museum, all the toys come to life - but Bunting, the old toy cat, likes a bit of order in the museum, so he counts the toys and inspects them - then tells them about the hsitory of the museum. But one night the toys decide to play a trick and Bunting has lots of exciting adventures and learns that it is fun to play. The real joy of this book is in the vivid and detailed illustrations. Children will revel in the bright colours and enjoy spotting their favourite toys as they join in the fun at the museum.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 7 November 2014
It felt very much like Bagpuss, as the toys come to life and play together with a story centred on sensible but rather stuffy cat Bunting.

He thinks they are lost but really they are playing a hiding game. We enjoyed their joke on Bunting and the lovely style of Lucas's drawings.

It's an old-fashioned museum with old-fashioned toys. It would have been nice to have some of the other to have some of the other toys introduced properly and featured, rather than only named on the endpapers.

Very engaging sdvenutr with lots of potential for the series. Will look for Christmas at the Toy Museum as well.
on 13 March 2013
The children in my class loved the book. Linked in well with our topic 'Toys'. A story of when toys come to life and the adventures and excitement begin.
on 22 August 2011
A lovely book, ideal as a 2nd birthday present & hopefully for getting a young lad set on a life of a love for books & reading.
on 23 June 2012
Initially I was unsure about this book.
When it arrived and I read it I wasn't that impressed by the story, I thought it might be more exciting!
The pictures are ok and there is lots to talk about in the pictures.
BUT it has become a favourite, my 5 year old and 3 year old love to read it over and over again.
So I guess that must mean it is a hit!
on 1 June 2013
Children in my year one class loved this book, it fitted in really well with our Toys topic. We got some thoughtful and imaginative writing from them too. I'd recommend this book.
on 6 November 2015
Bought this for my little girl who had a school assignment about Victorian toys. Not only did she love the story and the illustrations but she got a gold star for her work!
on 13 September 2014
Got this for a history-loving 6 year old. It is an OK story, bit boring, nothing attention-grabbing. I think she read it once.
on 16 December 2015
Beautifully illustrated book with an easy to understand story for young children. The 6 year olds I read it to loved it.
on 14 October 2014
My 2 boys really love this book as did the children in my 6year olds class thank you so much