Format: Paperback|Change

Project: Wolf World, the fifth and penultimate book in the Fangs Vampire Spy series, is my favourite of them all. There's an impending vampire/werewolf war, skydives from planes and even an appearance by a nuclear submarine. Honestly, the scrapes that Fangs and Puppy get themselves into would put James Bond himself to shame!

In this book, Lucien Claw wants to turn everyone into werewolves and have them destroy the vampire population. A new flavour of ice cream has already started his diabolical plan, and the werewolves of the world are suddenly multiplying. It's a job for Fangs Enigma and Puppy Brown, the only two people with the skill to stop Lucien and return humans to their rightful state!

I have no idea where author Tommy Donbavand comes up with this stuff, but I love it. Admittedly I'm biased because I love vampires and werewolves and Scream Street anyway, so I knew I'd like the Fangs Vampire Spy series. It's so much fun, with great, fast-paced plots and brilliant characters. Project: Wolf World is no exception, with its thrilling threat of supernatural war and a villain not easily defeated. There were a couple of moments when even I wondered how Puppy would survive, but I needn't have worried!

Project: Wolf World is a delight to read, as is every other book in this series. I'm way out of the age bracket for its target audience but I don't care. That's the beauty of these books: anyone can read and enjoy them; in fact, a prior knowledge of James Bond makes them that much better because there isn't an in-joke that will be missed. Kids, teenagers, adults... there's something for everyone here, and I urge everyone to at least try the first book. You'll be howling with laughter!
on 29 January 2016
Superb book my 12 year old adores this range.
on 14 December 2014
greatly enjoyed by my grandson