5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: Pirate Diary (Diary Histories) (Paperback)
We already have Richard Platt's other diary books so when we were starting a project on pirates, I thought this would be a good read - and it certainly was. I really wanted my children to learn about what piracy was really about, rather than the cuddly, fun version on most kids' products. This book gives a fairly realistic view of life on the high seas in the 18th century without being overly gory (ie there are descriptions and pictures of flogging, marooning and amputations but nothing too graphic). Reading it to my children, I learned a lot about life on board a ship and about how and why pirates did what they did. Highly highly recommended (as are the other diaries in the same series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful, 13 Jun 2013
A. Glover - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pirate Diary (Diary Histories) (Paperback)
I found this book years ago in a library. Ever since I have been meaning to buy it. I have used it with different ages of children and all have enjoyed it. It is informative without being grisly or frightening when looking at the lifestyles of pirates. The illustrations are lovely. I would recommend this book.

Pirate Diary (Diary Histories)
Pirate Diary (Diary Histories) by Richard Platt (Paperback - 3 Mar 2011)
6.03