5.0 out of 5 stars A charming Classic
Published on 26 Oct 2004 by P. W. Bunce

3.0 out of 5 stars A mothers tale
This is quite a nice little book but the story content didn't really capture my grandchildrens attention, and I dont think it made them any more aware that sometimes mummies need 5 minutes peace
Published 14 months ago by Chris

5.0 out of 5 stars A charming Classic, 26 Oct 2004
P. W. Bunce "oblioandarrow" (Shrivenham) - See all my reviews
This is the BEST EVER book to read to a 3 year old. I'm not quite sure WHO it's best for, mind. Maybe a tiny terrorist will not absorb the sentiment. It may dawn on a stressed or busy Dad that he's not the only one with multiple demands. But Mum's LOVE this book. It expresses how they feel. Without giving away the plot it shows the relief of taking 5 minutes out and the joy of toddlers.
'Grumpsy', having read this to his three children is now buying a new copy for his grandson. I cannot recommend this short book more whole-heartedly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 23 Feb 2000
By A Customer
This book is one of the most loved and most requested books in our nursery - high praise indeed from three and four year olds! We highly recommened the sequal too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Written for mums!, 4 Mar 2004
By A Customer
This book was not written for children. They don't get it. It was written for poor tired mums everywhere, and especially those with three children. It is wonderful. It is all about a poor tired mum who just wants Five Minutes Peace. No prizes for guessing whether she finds it or not. She tries to sneak out unnoticed, to have a nice warm, peaceful bath, but one by one, they come and disrupt her, and end up taking over the bath. She gets out and goes back to the kitchen, but still only manages to get 3 minutes and 45 seconds peace. Please don't try to tell me that a 3-year-old understands the subtlety of that. Your kids will enjoy it, because it sounds just like them, but you will enjoy it more, because it also sounds just like you...

5.0 out of 5 stars Top book, 20 Jan 2013
Great to show children that some times all you need five minutes piece in a really funny way. As by the end of the book you see if mum ever gets that illusive five minutes

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book, 4 Jun 2013
This review is from: Five Minutes' Peace (Paperback)
A wonderful book that my daughter loves that I also loved as a child, exactly as I remember it with gorgeous illustrations and an amusing story that keeps the reader occupied also, a little tongue in cheek but a lovely story for all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 27 April 2013
This review is from: Five Minutes' Peace (Paperback)
brought this for my grandaughter as my daughter had this book happy memories just love the book happy happy days

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 24 Mar 2013
This review is from: Five Minutes' Peace (Board book)
Brilliant book that I read as a child which I've bought recently for my son. Explains how hectic family life can get and how important it can be to have time to yourself

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful every-night read!, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: Five Minutes' Peace (Paperback)
My 2 year old and I have read this book every night since buying - fairly impressive as usually it take weeks for her to warm up to a new book

PROs: A lovely simple story which is a delightful read and gives plenty of opportunity to add effects, sounds etc

CONs: It feels slightly American but I think I'm just being picky, my little one loves it

A nighttime classic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Minutes Peace with audio CD by Jill Murphy., 5 Mar 2013
I have previously purchased this book before and really loved it. However, somehow it became lost and therefore I tried to purchase it again throught Amazon. However, unfortunately the seller politely let me know that the book I had ordered was not in the best of conditions and he/she would rather not sell it to me in a less than perfect condition, which is understandable. Therefore my money was refunded. I will try to order again in the near future as this really is a great book for all the family. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Minutes' Peace? If only!, 3 Feb 2013
I'm sure Mothers everywhere can relate to this story! A lovely tale with delightful illustrations. A must for any book collection.

Five Minutes' Peace
Five Minutes' Peace by Jill Murphy (Paperback - 1 Sep 2011)
5.24