Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 October 2009
Lovely book to get toddlers used to the idea of nursery and to help get them settled. Bought this book a couple of times as presents for other mums and has been a hit each time.
on 13 February 2013
Part of the 'Maisy First Experiences' series for growing toddlers, 'Maisy Goes to Nursery' is a brilliant book to share with your little one when the prospect of nursery looms.

The story is unashamedly upbeat, and Maisy takes the day in her stride. There are special pegs for Maisy, Dotty, Cyril and Tallulah to hang their coats on, everyone does brilliant paintings and then has yummy scrummy snacks at elevenses. After a brief toilet break, Mr Peacock reads a story, then it's nap time, followed by noisy time where everyone plays instruments and sings songs. Out in the garden, there's more fun to be had - no wonder Maisy really loves nursery.

Fortunately, my little girl really likes nursery too, but we do have a lovely time reading this book together and talking about all the different activities that there are to do. I'm sure that Maisy's joie de vivre and Lucy Cousins's colourful illustrations could go a long way to convincing even the most reluctant toddler that there's fun to be had at nursery!

This review refers to the paperback edition of 'Maisy Goes to Nursery' published by Walker Books in 2010.
on 18 August 2010
Bought this to prepare my daughter for starting nursery. She loved it and I am sure this book and taking a photo of the nursery entrance helped for a smooth start.
on 9 April 2010
I was looking for a book to introduce my toddler daughter to the idea of nursery and this was a good one for us. She still often chooses this book for her bedtime reading, we talk about Maisy and her friends, then reflect to how her day went in the nursery, whether they too did some painting, or reading, or playing outside, just like Maisy. Another excellent book from the Maisy range.
on 1 July 2010
My 21 month old son loves Maisy. We sometimes have a few tears when he gets to nursery so bought this book to help him understand it can be fun! (and Maisy doesn't cry when she goes!!). He loves it, and I think it does help. Maisy does all the things you would expect - and that children can relate to - painting, eating, sleeping, going to the loo, playing outside. A nice book.
on 7 July 2011
My son loves Maisy, & this book is no exception. Each page has interesting & colourful pictures, with big, clear writing which makes it easy for helping my son follow what I'm reading.

The story covers various aspects of nursery, from arriving & seeing everyones names on their coat pegs, to playing out, quiet time and reading stories. Maisy and her friends enjoy their time at nursery, and we use this to talk about how my son enjoys nursery, and which things Maisy does which he also does at nursery (all of them!) I'd recommend this for anyone with a child at nursery or about to start.It's pretty hard to get hold of, despite only being a couple of years old, but it came quickly from Amazon.
on 3 May 2011
Excellent book to introduce your little one to nursery routines for the first time. My only issue is it does not discuss saying goodbye to Mum and being collected again.
on 19 January 2016
I bought this book to help my son with his separation anxiety when he goes to nursery. But in this book unfortunately for me, they don't deal with saying good bye to the mum. It is more about what they do inside. So be aware if you are buying the book to explain your kid that mums say good bye and the kids stay happily in the nursery, this is not the book to get. It is a great book to explain to a kid what they do in nursery though,
on 25 May 2014
Has been fantastic for helping a reluctant little boy settle in at nursery. Reading this every evening with little brother has produced much enjoyment for both of them and a lot more confidence at school. Even the aprons and toilet in the pictures are the same!
They know the story off by heart now!
on 4 January 2015
great price my 18month old grandson loves these books.