Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 September 2009
Our daughters (5 and 2) have adored this book since it was bought for them last Christmas. The illustrations are lovely and the best thing is that we can either watch the DVD together, or read the book in bed (with optional 'funny voices'). The DVD (about six minutes long) has beautiful, calming background music and all in all, it's a magical experience to share at bedtime.
If you like this, you'll love Bringing Down the Moon with DVD (Book & DVD).
on 28 September 2005
My daughter, Millie - 15months - and I love this book. It was given as a christmas present last year (2004)and it has been read every night since!! Poor Harry has a terrible time trying to get to sleep until his friends Lulu Lamb and Ted help him. Millie learnt the story quicker than me and she knows whats going to happen on the next page!! The book we've got also came with a little Harry Elephant soft toy which Millie adores.
on 30 November 2004
What a lovely story. The delightful illustrations add a really cosy feel to this charming book. Everyone will be able to relate to something in this story. I look forward to reading it to my grandchildren many times.
on 1 June 2010
Very good - already knew the produce before buying - service and deliverey also very good
on 28 October 2010
Harry, a very cute little elephant, struggles to sleep as his fluffy friends doze off peacefully - unaware of his frustration. Harry tries a few different things to help him nod off but, in the end, his friends snuggle down with him and he's soon fast asleep... a perfect bedtime story.

The illustrations in this book remind me of those in the Jane Hissey Old Bear & Friends stories. The pink, blue and yellow blanket looks real and soft enough to touch!

If you're a fan of this book, you may also like Peace at Last by Jill Murphy, which follows a similar format and is equally well illustrated.
on 8 February 2010
Bought this book to sit alongside little rabbit foo foo ( LRFF). It's quite nice to use but not as impressive as LRFF. I would still recommend it though.
VINE VOICEon 2 November 2009
This simple little story about a little elephant called harry who can't get to sleep is beautiful. Because his friends Lulu and Ted fall straight to sleep and ANYONE who has lain awake for hours while the person next to them is sound asleep will relate to how poor harry feels. Obviously this is a children's book, and Lulu and Ted wake up and help Harry off to sleep, but it's lovely and gorgeously illustrated. Recommended
on 12 July 2013
It was wonderful to complete my serie of Harry with this lovely box. You open it and see Harry lying in his bed next to his two friends.
You would think it is a wollen blanket, but it is perfectly made with glossy paper.
Children will love Harry when they see him, especially when they are read to and enjoy holding him while listening.
Being a teacher, I adored the box.
on 21 July 2013
As an early years teacher my class are loving these story and DVD books. We share the book in the morning and then at the end of the day we watch the DVD and the kids are full of enthusiasm and talk lots about what they see and hear. Good to get them recalling the story they have heard before watching the DVD. Also loved by my 4 year old son! :-)
on 10 January 2013
I found out about this book at school. Its an amazing marvellous book of three lovely teddies. Harry can't get to sleep, so Harry reads another of Kim Lewis' books 'Little Baa'. Harry rolled over and woke his friends, they looked at the stars and Harry finally fell fast asleep.