Format: PaperbackChange

on 1 May 2009
I've just finished reading this beautifully illustrated book and I must say, I've enjoyed it tremendously. I felt like I was back to the fascinating places I visited in New York and my little boy was obviously taken by the graphics and the story too. We learned quirky facts about the city and landmarks with each new page and now, we both feel like packing our bags for a walk in New York!
on 31 July 2011
I brought this book for my daughters 6th birthday, She absolutely loves it as does her 3 year old sister. It takes you through a lovely trip around new york (father & son) with lovely illustrations & interesting facts. I have just ordered Salvatore Rubbinos a walk in london as they love the new york one soo much. My husband really enjoyed reading it too. :0)
on 27 December 2013
Got this book for our 7 year old as we were holidaying in New York, lots of good facts in it to keep young and old interested. However some major attractions not in it, although book would have to be quite some size to include all NYC attractions
on 31 March 2014
The book was delievered promptly and was in excellent condition as good as new. The book did not fail to suprise with its map and illustrations of important sights in New York.
on 31 January 2015
bought before we went to NY on vacation and it was a lovely night time story book for before and after our trip.
on 7 April 2015
brilliant book, fab service.
on 8 September 2014
Lovely book
on 19 August 2014
Lovely
on 20 July 2012
Quite disappointed. I wanted to buy a book for my 5 year old daughter before our trip to New York so that she would be familiar with a few of the famous sights. The storyline was a bit weak and illustration not particularly stimulating.
She got very bored 3 pages into the book and didnt want to read it.
She did however remember the 4 faced clock in grand central station from the book when we were in NYC.
There are a lot of fantastic children's book shops in New York that have a very good selection of books about NYC for kids. I would recommend you research these and source from there. There,s a great bookshop in Chelsea Market in NYC.
0Comment1 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse