5.0 out of 5 stars A Winner with Toddlers

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I ordered
Published on 1 Sep 2009 by Michael Pinder

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I ordered, 1 Sep 2009
This review is from: Sweet Dreams, Maisy (Board book)
I ordered this product based on the other reviews, which said the product had a nightlight feature, with the stars lighting up on the final page when the child pressed a button. It appears however, that there are two versions of this book and when the book arrived, it didn't have this feature, despite all the reviews discussing it. I have been disappointed with Amazon's response on this - they say they do not sell the version with the nightlight feature but seem happy to review it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Winner with Toddlers, 25 July 2006
L. Kenny (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sweet Dreams, Maisy (Hardcover)
My 14-month-old daughter loves this book and has me read it over and over so she can race to the last page and press the magic button lighting up the moon and stars that twinkle over Maisy. Seeing her eyes grow wide and hear her gasp with delight when those little lighted stars and moon shine was well worth the cost of the book. Also, she has tried repeatedly to 'turn' the last page, ie, lift the page protecting the box containing the three little lights. The good news is that the glue used to keep this 'page' intact is very strong and she is no where close to getting it apart, so I have no worries that she might try to eat the little lights. A super book -- my daughter's favorite Maisy book by far, which helps me justify the cost over her other board books.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great if you want your child to learn American spelling, 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: Sweet Dreams, Maisy (Board book)
This is a great book, there's no doubt about that. My son loved it and his copy was so battered that I thought I'd get a new one for my daughter. To my dismay this is the US/Canada edition, with spellings like 'color' and instead of 'Twinkle Twinkle', Maisy sings 'Hush a Bye' Disappointed that this is not clear from the sales details. Items should specify when they are not UK editions where there are differences.
If you can be sure you are getting the UK version, it's brilliant....

5.0 out of 5 stars A big success, 11 Oct 2008
This review is from: Sweet Dreams, Maisy (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my 16 month old grandchild, on the strength of the reviews given so far. It was a big hit from the first reading and soon became a favourite. She too loves to get to the bit when she can light up the moon and stars. Seeing her response has given me as much pleasure as she gets from reading it!

4.0 out of 5 stars love it!, 13 Jun 2008
Helen (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sweet Dreams, Maisy (Hardcover)
The words to the story are a little dull but we make up our own story that works with the pictures and matches our own bedtime routine. My daugther loves saying hello to each of Maisy's friends as they are playing in the garden then waving goodbye to them all. We then talk through how Maisy and Panda get ready for bed, get into their pyjamas and have milk and a story. When Maisy kisses Panda goodnight, my daughter kisses Panda too. But most of all, she loves the shining moon and twinkling stars when she can press the light on at the end.
Great book, would definitely recommend it for toddlers.

1.0 out of 5 stars NO LIGHTS., 10 Nov 2009
This review is from: Sweet Dreams, Maisy (Hardcover)
This is NOT the light up version that all the other reviews are raving about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bedtime favourite!, 3 Mar 2009
loulou37 (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sweet Dreams, Maisy (Hardcover)
My 2 year old daughter loves this book and we have to read it every night before bed. Its a lovely colourful book although the text is a bit boring, but I add in the names of her little friends etc. to make it a bit more interesting. The last page is lovely where the moon and stars light up. This is the first Maisy book I have bought and haven't been disappointed - will definitely be adding more Maisy books to her collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Dreams, Maisy, 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: Sweet Dreams, Maisy (Board book)
For all you little Maisy fans out there, these are lovely books for your child to read, nice and colourful to keep your child's interest.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 27 Jun 2013
This review is from: Sweet Dreams, Maisy (Board book)
brilliant buy for my four year old son. would reccommend to any one. he was over the moon with it

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful book, 20 Dec 2012
This review is from: Sweet Dreams, Maisy (Board book)
Sweet Dreams Maisy is the ideal book to lull a little one to sleep. It starts with Maisy ending a fun day with friends and progresses into her bedtime routine. Maisy reads a story to Panda and sings him a song then looks at the night sky. The story is sweet and calming and is loved by my 2 year old son.

Sweet Dreams, Maisy
Sweet Dreams, Maisy by Lucy Cousins (Board book - 5 Jan 2009)