5.0 out of 5 stars A Cheerful Little Surprise
Published on 2 Oct. 2008 by J. A. Taylor

3.0 out of 5 stars good but missing the mark.
I'm not sure who this book is aimed at. With actions chosen by kids - most of them... the writing style is still aimed at an older audience. I struggled to understand who's benefit this was for. As ever, nice 'We Are What We Do' design, but flawed objectives in my opinion.
Published on 8 Oct. 2009 by Bedders

5.0 out of 5 stars A Cheerful Little Surprise, 2 Oct. 2008
J. A. Taylor (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Teach Your Granny to Text and Other Ways to Change the World (We Are What We Do) (Paperback)
I've just read my own hard-won copy of Teach Your Granny To Text. What a little beauty. Readable cover to cover in 10 minutes, but it's like a really good meal or a really amazing novel - brilliant flashes keep coming back to remind you of how much you have enjoyed it. It's clever and relevant and colourful. Most importantly, it's happy and hopeful. It's encouraging that kids of today could come up with such fantastic ideas and that adults could collate the information and ideas into such a friendly package. It's just great.

5.0 out of 5 stars AT LAST, 25 Sept. 2008
R. Taylor "Bing Taylor" (CT but now UK) - See all my reviews
FINALLY we're able to buy a book that enhances everyone's life. Beautifully produced, written and illustrated by a company that appears to represent the best values of humanity in this time when we are all called upon to realize (and benefit from) the good things that all our fellow human beings have to offer, I have drawn up a long list of my fellow "oldies" who will benefit massively from this wonderful book. A book that could not only make Christmas, but the rest of life, for many older citizens who yearn for recognition and live in fear of waste (of their own resources) and neglect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Teach Your Granny To Text and other ways to change the world., 25 Sept. 2008
F. Clarke (London) - See all my reviews
This is a terrific book. It contains 30 suggestions from children about how we can make the world a better place. The ideas are very well presented, colourful and imaginative. The words to describe the actions are lively and often very funny. This is a very unusual and imaginative collection of ideas. There are plenty of opportunities for children to get involved, to write in the book, to take things out of the book, to plant seeds, to work out puzzles and to be engrossed. The book has something for a wide range of readers and reading ages. Even 'reluctant readers' will find soemthing here to interest them. I was particularly pleased to see the action 'Read with a pal' illustrated by an original short story from the Alex Rider series. I know that this alone will make it an exciting present for my son. My Christmas shopping just got a lot easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must!!, 18 Nov. 2011
If you buy just one book for your family, children or yourself this year make it this one.
This book is funny, thought provoking and useful. Though it advertises to be aimed at children, it's contents will not seem out of place for any age group.

Filled with fantastic imagery, projects and information, the socially responsible message that is sent with this book could not be more important: majority rules. If we all change one this, suddenly there will be a big change.

The book contains projects for home and school, as an individual and group ideas as well as some of the items you will need to carry out the changes, such as 'I love trees - no junkmail please' stickers for your door.

Produced by the folk who brought you 'I am not a plastic bag', this is a really empowering book and a must for the shelves of every modern household.

PS. It is not a mobile phone instruction book! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, colourful and worthwhile, 27 Sept. 2008
Having the other two books published by We Are What We Do this is a brilliant follow on.... just flicking through the pages compels you to read on, bright, colourful and interesting. If anyone who reads it can just put one suggestion into place then we're heading in the right direction. All in all, a fun, colourful, light hearted read. A worthwhile stocking-filler.

5.0 out of 5 stars Something for everyone, 29 Sept. 2008
D. L. Hutt "Dan H" (London) - See all my reviews
A great book made up of world changing ideas, thought of by children and young people, but very much relevant to us all. It really gives hope that we can all make a difference in our own little way and that doing so can also be fun! A must for all the family.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must for every child age 3-93, 25 Nov. 2008
Fab book - just perfect for all the young people you know. Wonderful illustrations and tongue in cheek fun, but also a serious message about making a difference in the world. Small actions X lots of people = Big Change, so let's get on with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for kids and teens, 29 Sept. 2008
I really love this book - it's brilliant to see ideas for tiny and fun actions that kids and teenagers can do so easily, and which you can imagine would make a difference to those around them. I'll certainly be buying some as Christmas gifts!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just marvelous, 29 Jan. 2009
Mariane Van Meegeren "mvm" (leuven, belgium) - See all my reviews
I, as a grandmother, thoroughly enjoyed this book and when read to my 5 year old grandson I could sense that,even at his young age, he understood most of the tips given to a "better" world in every sense: friends, family, health, environment. The book has so many creative and fun suggestions: bravo to the people behind it: WE ARE WHAT WE DO!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book, 30 Mar. 2009
Loved this book! I've got a young son who is only just getting into books and we really enjoyed reading it together. Laugh out loud funny, lots to do and a brilliant introduction to the role that children can play in making their world a bit better.

Teach Your Granny to Text and Other Ways to Change the World (We Are What We Do) by We Are What We Do Community Interest Company (Paperback - 2 Oct. 2008)