5.0 out of 5 stars It's a delight
Published on 24 May 2011 by Becky

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice Illustrations, but the story was very boring.
I was really excited about this book when I bought it, but as I read it to my young daughter she quickly lost interest. The subject matter and illustrations were lovely, but the story lacked substance. Sad to say that I was disappointed.
Published 3 months ago by Heather Bell

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a delight, 24 May 2011
Becky (Nottingham , England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Walk in London (Hardcover)
This is a big, sumptuous book from Walker Books and it is rather fabulous. It describes a little giorls walk around London and has accurate and very detailed drawings to really pull in a child's attention. Each page describes another part of London and it has interesting facts strewn throughout. We have Pelicans at St.James park, Big Ben, changing of the guard, the Tower, rainsoaked streets and Trafalgar Square and much much more. Brilliant.

This book totally captures the diversity and delights of London (The covent garden page with all its entertainers is my favourite) and presents them in a child friendly way. For me, as an adult, it bought back lots of happy memories and for children it would either help them remember a trip, or stir up a wish to visit!

This book can be read on two levels you could just read the story and look at the pictures or you could use it as a factual book. It will certainly span a few years and was suitable for my 3 and 6 year old and their 8 year old cousin.

I think this book would be the perfect souvenir for a child who has visited some of the London sights. It's gorgeous and the pictures and buildings are just a delight.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it, 17 Sep 2011
This review is from: A Walk in London (Hardcover)
We brought this for my daughters 4th birthday & she absolutely loves it. Both her & her 6 year old sister enjoy the walk through london & the illustrations are lovely

5.0 out of 5 stars A walk in the capital, 22 May 2011
Parents in Touch - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: A Walk in London (Hardcover)
This is a super account of a walk through London, taken by a mum and her little girl. The walk as described in the book takes the best part of a day and is an ideal way to see the key sights our our wonderful historical capital city. Starting in Westminster, the duo visit St James's Park, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square and all the other key landmarks until they are back at Big Ben - just in time to see the royal family! Your child will love to share in the little girl's excitement as all the famous places come to life and they can follow the journey through the map on the endpapers. It is packed with absorbing facts and snippets of information. Charmingly illustrated in absorbing detail, this is a book to treasure as a memento of a wonderful day out or as a record of the capital.As well as a useful guide, it is also a great story and will be enjoyed as such. It would be a super book for visiting children from abroad to take home or to be given as a gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 2 Mar 2013
This review is from: A Walk in London (Paperback)
I have purchased this and the New York edition for my daughter, a couple of her friends and my Godson. All aged 5. All love them. Lots of good information in great layout for taking on board. Can be used over and over again, always with some new information to draw on.

5.0 out of 5 stars A walk in London, 6 Feb 2013
Rev "Rev David Steere" (Ipswich, Suffolk, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Walk in London (Paperback)
This was bought for my Irish grandaughter who was coming to London to see the sights. She was 8 at the time and found it very interesting.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice Illustrations, but the story was very boring., 18 Mar 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars A WalkIn London, 19 Sep 2013
This review is from: A Walk in London (Paperback)
This is a great book for little ones who live near London as it is an ideal way to introduce them to the different famous landmarks on the London sky line .It could also be used as a teaching aid for young children when looking at the geography of our Capital city. My grandson now recognises the London Eye ,Big Ben ,and The Houses of Parliament An excellent way to extend a young child`s vocabulary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 17 July 2013
R Hunt "Ricardo" (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Walk in London (Paperback)
Really good book for young son to learn about London and even as they get older there is some good history points in there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, 15 July 2013
This review is from: A Walk in London (Paperback)
A lovely book I sent my nephew, as I live in London. I actually put myself into the book by taking pictures of me in the different locations and added some extra information.

4.0 out of 5 stars A must for the 5 year old explorer, 26 Mar 2013
S. Pocock "Suepo" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Walk in London (Paperback)
My Grandson Ben, who lives in Bristol, and I spent two lovely days going around some of the places in this book. He has plans for us to see the rest of the sites in the summer. Beautifully written with subscripts which make the book an adventure in itself. Well illustrated too.

A Walk in London
A Walk in London by Salvatore Rubbino (Hardcover - 7 April 2011)
Used & New from: 5.97