5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent "comic" reading for my daughter
My daughter loves to read, let's make that plain. JK and HP are never far from her bedside table! But she also loves drawing, pictures and art in general.

Published 9 months ago by Mr. Graham Colebeck

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!
Order this for a reluctant girl reader as someone suggested she read a comic-style book. Words are ridiculously hard and old fashioned! And the story was odd!
Published 16 months ago by Ann Sloane

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent "comic" reading for my daughter, 15 Nov 2013
Mr. Graham Colebeck "gcolebeck" (Bournemouth, UK) - See all my reviews

Comics have always seemed a little boy-centric and nowadays the ones in the mainstream shops are just dreadful. That said, we have subscribed her to the wonderful Phoenix comic which she loves (and I love because there's no adverts and no free plastic tat attached).

Anyway, back to Glister - my daughter fell in love with Glister with this first book. She has read all of the Glister books now and returns to them often. That is probably the best review I could give! She is taken with the drawing, the story and definitely the humour.

Going to try her with Andi Watson's Gum Girl this Christmas.

By the way, as a father who still loves comics I'd point other parents (or maybe parents-to-be) at Andi Watson's Little Star graphic novel. Touched me deeply!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 4 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars First in an excellent series of books, 11 July 2011
Mac (St Albans) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Glister: The Haunted Teapot (Paperback)
I was looking for something a little different for my daughter, aged seven, who likes illustrated stories. This first book (and the subsequent series) are excellent. Beautiful illustrations and a engaging stories. My daughter has devoured each new volume and read and reread them. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really worth a try, 23 Sep 2010
My seven year old son started reading these after meeting the author at the Hay Festival, he really took to Andi Watson and through this has got really into drawing comic strips. These books aren't very well known but I think they're really worth trying because they're really different from other books aimed at this age range and have really captured my son's interest.

Glister: The Haunted Teapot
Glister: The Haunted Teapot by Andi Watson BA Hons Graphic Design/Illustration Liverpool Polytechnic (Paperback - 6 July 2009)
4.97