5.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps not bedtime reading?!, 16 Nov. 2010
M. L. Smart (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
My son wrote this

"Having read all the other Scream Street books, I asked for this as a birthday gift. As soon as I got it I started reading it and was immediately laughing at the humour. Soon I was really keen to find out the ending. The story was gripping, made me a little emotional and I was soon at the end. It developed the plot really fast and the usual characters had fun together. The Nightwatchmen feeds off children's fear... and with that gains power. I read this at bedtime but perhaps this was not the best idea for a peaceful night's rest! Great book... love the series."

4.0 out of 5 stars Terror of the Nightwatchman, 10 May 2011
Jenny, Wondrous Reads (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Scream Street 9: Terror of the Nightwatchman (Paperback)
In Terror of the Nightwatchman, Luke and Co. find themselves going through a sneaky Hex Hatch that leads to a jungle, a nice ogre named Spider and a Nightwatchman intent on making children's dreams as hellish as possible. Even I was a little creeped out while reading, so I can't imagine how an 8-year-old will cope. Of all the Scream Street books I've read so far, I think this is definitely the scariest one. It reminded me of a Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode called 'Nightmares', which is all about being trapped in dreams and facing your fears. Obviously it's brilliant, and I was happy to see a similar idea terrorising the residents of Scream Street.

This book also marks the appearance of a new character - Spider the ogre. He's not your average ogre, in the sense that he's actually lovely, and helps children escape from the horrible Nightwatchman. He's like a big cuddly teddy really, and what's even cooler is that Tommy based him on a real-life friend and fellow Scream Street fan. I hope he appears in future books, as he brought even *more* humour to the story! (I know, I didn't think that was possible either...)

5.0 out of 5 stars My kid loves these books, but more werewolves, 11 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Scream Street 9: Terror of the Nightwatchman (Paperback)
My son has been following this series since this summer. He is a big fan and so we would recommend the books. They are easy to read for 8 year olds and there is a good story line to grab their attention. As an adult though I find the stories rather weak and the basic series plot is a bit obvious and heavy handed so I think that some of the readership (e.g my kid) will have grown out of the series before we reach a resolution. His major criticism is there are not enough werewolves! Tommy if you read this, please more werewolves!

5.0 out of 5 stars scream street 9; terror of the nightwatchman, 31 Dec. 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Scream Street 9: Terror of the Nightwatchman (Paperback)
I am ten years old and enjoyed reading Scream Street 9: Terror of the Nightwatchman. It has been my favorite out of the series so far. I thought it was very good because you found out Reese, Luke and Cleo's worst nightmare. It had me glued to the end. This would also in my opinion make a great tv series. I am looking forward to reading the new additions. Thank you, HannahScream Street 7: Invasion of the NormalsScream Street 8: Attack of the Trolls

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 8 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Scream Street 9: Terror of the Nightwatchman (Paperback)
Arrived on time. Bought this for my son (10) he loved it. Bought the other 12 in the series too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab books, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Scream Street 9: Terror of the Nightwatchman (Paperback)
Happy 9yr old couldn't put this down.

Scream Street 9: Terror of the Nightwatchman
Scream Street 9: Terror of the Nightwatchman by Tommy Donbavand (Paperback - 4 Oct. 2010)