5.0 out of 5 stars Witty retelling for young children
These well selected tales are told with wit and vigour. The images are packed with often amusing detail, while the humorous speech bubbles complement the clearly written text of the stories. My children love it - it has turned my five year old into a huge fan of the King Arthur legends, while seven year old delights in the wit. Both love finding new details and come back...
Published on 11 Jun 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
It arrived on time and was exactly as described perfect for our needs. Will buy from this company again very pleased.
Published 5 months ago by Concerned Shopper

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 21 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars gift, 8 Jan 2014
item bought as a gift, not been told about the book yet, book was requested, quick delivery and cost good.

4.0 out of 5 stars King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table (Illustrated Classics) (Paperback)
A very good book, I bought it for my 8 year old grandson who loves it, it has a comic book format which particularly appeals to him as he is a big fan of Tin Tin and Asterix

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 9 Sep 2013
Michael Mason "Mike book & CD mad" (Somerset UK) - See all my reviews
I did like this book, I found it very interesting to read the original story and not the film and TV versions. I would however like to know if there is a part two that takes the reader up to Arthur's death?

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 24 Jun 2013
It is a very funny and witty book for children and adults alike. I must say my son of five doesn't understand some of it quite yet as some of the comments are aimed at the older child, but he loves the comic strip effect and pictures, and hopefully when he is older he will understand it a lot more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 21 May 2013
Very informative. And interesting i loved it. I now a lot about nights of the round table. Sir Thomas Malory you are awesome

4.0 out of 5 stars read this with my 7 year old son, 18 Mar 2013
I read this with my 7 year old son who was hooked on the BBC Merlin series - and we both thoroughly enjoyed this.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great new version, just as colourful, 1 Feb 2013
Bought this to replace my old copy. It is just the same with beautiful colour illustrations incorporating lots of detail. I use these in my primary classroom and children from 5 - 11 have all enjoyed the stories. Lots of quality writing has been achieved from detailed examination of the various scenarios in the pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 13 Jan 2013
This is a nice retelling of the Arthurian legend. The language is crisp and is a good version to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars King Arthur, 29 Dec 2012
Wanted to buy something of the King Arthur legend for a young boy for christmas and this was the only book available in Waterstones - I'm not sure why but I made a note of it and ordered it from Amazon - it is exactly what I wanted for a curious young nephew. Marcia Williams illustrations are so attractive and alive I'm sure it is an excellent way to introduce a youngster to the legend.

King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table (Illustrated Classics)
5.24