5.0 out of 5 stars A firm family favourite., 16 Feb 2009
Christina (Gloucestershire) - See all my reviews
I first saw this book in the library in Urdu, but could tell it was great. It is now a regular at bedtime. The art is lovely and really captures life on a farm and the changing seasons. The story has a theme of oppressed animals rising up against the lazy, fat farmer. My two love it and so do i. The dvd, whilst only 6 mins long, is also a delight. "How goes the work?" is a regular refrain shouted around our house. Would make a fab present to age 18 months up, in my opinion. Proper storytelling and bonus dvd. A winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars 'How goes the work?', 27 Feb 2010
M. Branch - See all my reviews
A brilliant story for 'pre-schoolers'. Story includes repetition which young children enjoy and like to join in. Good sequencing in the story and a great 'pay-off' at the end. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining Book/DVD, 26 Nov 2010
G. Youngson (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Farmer Duck (Book & DVD) (Paperback)
These series of Book/DVD's are great - if your child is approaching 2, then probably they could sit and watch any of this series - and maybe even follow the book. The story is really good, and well illustrated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Farmer Duck Book and DVD, 26 April 2014
This review is from: Farmer Duck (Book & DVD) (Paperback)
I bought this book for my grandson who is 18 months and it is one of his favourites. The book is beautifully illustrated and the story comes to life watching the DVD as we are reading the book. The story is easy to follow and the narrative is very clear and holds my grandson's attention every time I put it on. A firm favourite and it makes me want to buy other book/DVD's in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Farmer duck, 7 Mar 2010
Mrs. Y. Uren - See all my reviews
This review is from: Farmer Duck (Book & DVD) (Paperback)
Poor Duck! This is a great book for identifying farm animals and the sounds they make. Great pictures too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandson loved it, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Farmer Duck (Book & DVD) (Paperback)
This book has been enjoyed by our three year old grandson and is now being enjoyed by our twenty month old granddaughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 2.5 yr old loves this, 8 Nov 2013
This review is from: Farmer Duck (Book & DVD) (Paperback)
My 2.5 yr old is a slow talker - but loves these DVD books - he has been regularly clutching his toy duck and cow and trying to tip tables over with them - copying the farmer being chucked out of his bed. This is a nice gentle story - but you will spend the day saying 'How goes the work'!

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas present, 28 Oct 2013
S. J. Johnson "Sue J" (UK Nottinghamshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Farmer Duck (Book & DVD) (Paperback)
My granddaughter ask for this book as she really loves DVD books, they give her a lot of pleasure and she loves to read and see them.

5.0 out of 5 stars I dare you not to say Quack when answering a question after reading this, 25 Feb 2013
This was a favourite for my daughter (age 2 when we got it), my wife and I. The book itself was well worth it. Having the CD as well is lovely bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars a beautiful story and film, 31 Dec 2012
This review is from: Farmer Duck (Book & DVD) (Paperback)
This book begins on the inside cover, with a dull coloured picture which is full of foreboding. The repetitive wording goes down very well with children, who love to join in after a few reads. The story is heart wrenching and we do not like the human farmer. However it shows team work and support, and the inside back cover has the same picture but in brighter more positive colours, making us happy with the ending.

Farmer Duck (Book & DVD)
Farmer Duck (Book & DVD) by Martin Waddell (Paperback - 7 Sep 2009)
Used & New from: £7.99