5.0 out of 5 stars Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: Walker Illustrated Classics, 7 Mar 2010
This review is from: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: Walker Illustrated Classics (Paperback)
This is an excellent edition of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Beautifully illustrated. It captured the imagination of our 8y girl and 4y boy. Highly recommended for reading with children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful illustrated version, 9 April 2010
Aurora Sinclair (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
Lovely illustrations by Helen (We're Going on a Bear Hunt) Oxenbury. Nice big text so you can read it to your children or new readers can read it to themselves. The story you already know. I will definitely be investigating the other books in the Walker Illustrated Classics range if they're all as good as this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alice in Wonderland classic with large print, 21 Aug 2011
My daughter needed to read this classic for school. She is not a confident reader. The large print and lovely illustrations, which appear frequently, were perfect to keep her motivated to read it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely illustrations, 9 Dec 2010
Beansmummy (Oxfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
My (7.5 yrs) son is going to see Alice in Wonderland at the theatre this Christmas, so we thought we'd read the book first as a bedtime story. I hadn't realised it was the original text, and not re-written, so I struggled a little with some of the archaic language, but it didn't detract at all for him (although I had to explain a few bits eg Blacking for shoes, and certain turns of phrase). It certainly provided a discussion point!

I'd forgotten just how surreal the whole story is - but he really 'got' this - after all it is the story of a dream.

The illustrations are much more modern than the text (Alice's micro-mini dress was certainly not what Lewis Carroll had in mind!), and they are beautiful. My son would have preferred more of them, though.

Lovely book, but remember it is the original, and today's children may not all appreciate the old-fashioned language.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, 21 Nov 2012
Marlis (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a lovely edition of the wonderful 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'. My daughter is 3 and loves being read to, we are reading her a few chapters at a time and she is really enjoying it. The illustrations are lovely and the text is bold and easy on the eyes. I highly recommend this edition.

5.0 out of 5 stars a delightful book, 31 Jan 2013
a beautiful version of this old favourite. I love the illustrations and the setting out of the type face on the page.The paper is highly glazed which also adds to the luxury feel. A lovely reading experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Colourful and charming illustrations, 29 April 2013
I chose this book because I wanted a colourful edition of Alice in Wonderland. It certainly fulfils my remit. Would recommend to anyone wanting an 'Alice' book. It's a bit scary though for children!

5.0 out of 5 stars Alice, 26 April 2013
lovely book with excellent illustrations and really caught the imagination of my grandaughter.

I would recommend this book to all

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 15 Oct 2013
excellent, will use this co.again

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: Walker Illustrated Classics
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: Walker Illustrated Classics by Lewis Carroll (Paperback - 2 Mar 2009)
6.99