5.0 out of 5 stars Ebony Class review of 'This Morning I Met a Whale', 15 Jan 2009
A Kid's Review
Our teacher, Mr Williams, has just finished reading us this amazing book - we loved it! The story is based on the real event about the whale that visited the Thames in 2006 and sadly died before making it back to the ocean. We all especially enjoyed the message that the whale brought with him about saving the planet and (as well as reading the book) we also looked at the real newspaper articles about the story.
We would recommend this story to be read to all children in Key Stage 2 or to anyone who loves Michael Morpurgo stories.
by
Ebony Class
Haslemere Primary School

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful story, beautiful illustrations, 21 Aug 2009
Michael Morpurgo is a winner for me and my family and we always love Christian Birmingham's beautiful art so this book was definitely going in the shopping basket. And boy did it live up to our expectations. Beautifully told, very moving. I read it aloud to my 3 children one morning and almost didn't make it to the end through my tears...

Thought provoking and well told - a story with a message we all need to be reminded of.

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 4 Feb 2009
R. O'Reilly (Somerset UK) - See all my reviews
I read this to my Year 3&4 class and we all loved it. A sensitive tale which inspired my young listeners to go on to do some excellent extended writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book., 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: This Morning I Met a Whale (Paperback)
Nice interesting read for my son. He loves the other books by Michael Morpurgo too. Highly recommned it for 8-9 years ++

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 2 July 2010
This review is from: This Morning I Met a Whale (Paperback)
This is a fabulous book for children. My kids loved it. The choice of language is superb and the topic lends itself to some very meaningful discussions with children about the impact we have on our environment.

5.0 out of 5 stars This morning I met a whale - recommendation :O), 7 Jan 2010
This review is from: This Morning I Met a Whale (Paperback)
This is the most beautiful story with a clear message about the environment. A quick read that will make you think.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking - another good read., 25 Jan 2013
This review is from: This Morning I Met a Whale (Paperback)
My 8 year old daughter read this to me. It is a lovely though sad story (I must admit it brought a tear to my eye). She enjoyed the story very much and asked a lot of searching questions regarding the subject as we went along. This is the third book we have read by this author, we love his stories. So much so, we have now moved on to Kaspar Prince of Cats.

5.0 out of 5 stars A whale on the Thames, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: This Morning I Met a Whale (Paperback)
I have started reading it to the class, you could hear a pin drop. It would make a lovely film.

5.0 out of 5 stars an educational storie, 19 Dec 2012
This review is from: This Morning I Met a Whale (Paperback)
This is a wonderfull hart warming storie which will help making young children more aware and curious of other countries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful pictures, 29 Oct 2012
This review is from: This Morning I Met a Whale (Paperback)
I read this to my class (Y5 animal lovers!) at school and they loved it. We used it to inspire their own stories with a similar plot structure and also used news articles about animals because the book itself was inspired by a real event. Pictures are lovely.

This Morning I Met a Whale
This Morning I Met a Whale by Michael Morpurgo (Paperback - 3 Aug 2009)
4.79