Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 17 November 2015
This books absolutely awful..... it paints a horrible picture suggesting that with the arival of a new baby the older child should just accept that they will be ignored and will some how loose their place in the family. This was give to our daughter as a gift as my partner is currently pregnant. My daughter wants us to read it all the time but luckily we change the story to one of inclusion and of family togetherness . I can only imagine that the author must be deeply scarred by her treetment as a child or regards it as a good idea that when you have a new baby you should ignore your other children. I feel very sorry for 3 of her 4 children. This may be good if you want to justify ignoring your children but if you want your children to feel loved and included I would avoid this book like the plague.would have given it zero stars if possible.
on 28 May 2008
Thankfully my daughter was given this book after her little sister was born, as it paints a very bleak picture of what life will be like after the baby is born. Neither parent has time for the older child because they are so busy looking after the new baby, and even visitors to the new baby ignore the older child. At the end of the book things brighten up when he is told he can play with the new baby - however in my experience it's really not advisable to suggest a toddler can play with a newborn! I would hate to think that any child experiences the rejection this book portrays on the birth of younger sibling.
on 1 December 2008
This is a horrible story explaining how a child is made second best to a new baby. Really would not recommend this.
on 29 February 2016
Became a huge family favourite
on 10 December 2010
This was given to my son when he was 2 when i had his sister. He loved it then and still loves it now (at 6yrs)as he can read it himself and he loves the pictures and story. It is a very positive book as it is honest ... it says the younger child does have needs that will have to be met but as parents we will find the time for you as well and in the end you will have soemone to play with and have fun with. It is a great book.
on 16 March 2016
Fantastic story.
on 31 July 2010
This book was perfect for my 3 year old. We read this at bedtime to help her understand what was happening now that she is going to be a big sister. Lovely colourful pictures. She loved this book and the wording was just right for her to understand, she would even say afterwards 'when daddy takes you to hospital I will have to stay with Grandma just like za-za'.
on 17 January 2010
If you're getting your child ready for the arrival of baby, skip this. It's only good for showing big sis/bro that life's no good when baby arrives. Nothing positive or reassuring from parents, ignored by relatives, and images of sibling having fun with baby are of 6 mth old baby, not newborn. Look elswhere for reassuring new brother/sister role material ( I got "I'm a big sister ( brother )" by Joanna Cole - far more positive for child who feels lost in new role!!!).
on 3 October 2003
A very colourful and positive book about having a new baby. I think it can be very useful to read for children who are waiting for a baby sister or brother to enter the family. The text is very positve but at the same time realistic ( mummy is tired etc...) all the way trough. The bright and colourful pictures appeals even to quite young children.
on 7 October 2011
This book is really good, it helped prepare my son a lot for the arrival of his baby brother, I strogly recommend it.