5.0 out of 5 stars Hooray for fish!!, 1 Dec. 2007
Amazon Customer "LS" (Stratford-upon-Avon, UK) - See all my reviews
I first got this book for my 19 month old daughter thinking the bright colours would appeal. I was right! I got my 4 year old son a different book thinking "Hooray for Fish" was too simple. How wrong I was! They both love the book and enjoy reading it together (seeing as they have memorised it word for word now.) My daughter has been pointing out "stripes" and "spots" and "upside down" things everywhere we've been. The DVD is a great bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Splosh splash splish, 12 Jun. 2007
We love this book. The minute my little on is in his room, he crawls over as fast as he can to fetch it and climbs on my lap with it. We love all the beautiful marine colours and bold designs. He jabs at the spots on the spotty fish and runs his fingers down the stripes of the stripey fish. We have actions for most pages and he loves it. In fact, we have it so often that his Dad and I now greet him with "hello little fish" sometimes.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter's favourite book, 3 Nov. 2008
Mrs. E. H. Blackledge "Emily" (Hampshire) - See all my reviews
My daughter was bought this book for Christmas last year when she was 9 months old. Since then we have read this book at least twice a day and the book is very well worn! Now, at 19 months, she can pretty much 'read' it herself as she has memorised most of the words and it has encouraged her to learn her colours and numbers. Fantastic book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooray for Fish!, 13 Sept. 2007
Mrs. Eeva King (Finland) - See all my reviews
Hooray for Fish! is guaranteed Cousins-quality, and this version of the book which comes with an accompanying DVD is an absolute winner!

The story itself is very short (most of the pages containing only a few words), and it follows Little Fish looking for his Mum and meeting fish of various shape, size and colour along the way. It's the illustrations that make this book what it is, you can only marvel at Cousins' amazing imagination at having come up with all the fantastic fish, from happy fish and grumpy fish to curly whirly and twisty twirly. I was delighted to hear my 3-year-old remembering each fish's name after the first read, and coming up with names for the un-named fish. His baby sister loves looking at the illustrations, too, and both really enjoy watching the story on the TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not (fish!) food..., 6 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Hooray for Fish! (Paperback)
We bought this for our 7 month old for Christmas and he absolutely loves it. We read it at least twice a day and it's the only one of his books he won't try and eat! The bright colours and simple rhymes are great fun for him, and as he grows learning numbers and colour names will come into play too. I would highly recommend it to anyone with a baby, I only wish we'd discovered it sooner. It would be even better if they brought out a board version. A fantastic buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous fishy fun!, 3 Nov. 2011
Nicola Hardy (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hooray for Fish! (Board book)
In this charming book for pre-schoolers, Little Fish invites us to explore the ocean and meet all his friends. After being introduced to happy fish, grumpy fish, hairy fish, scary fish and even curly-wurly fish (amongst others), we finally get to meet Little Fish's favourite fish of all - Mummy!

Lucy Cousins, best known for creating Maisy the mouse, has really gone to town dreaming up all sorts of weird and wonderful undersea creatures. The illustrations are bold and enticing for young readers, and there are lots of lovely descriptive words in the text. The fact that some of the fish are very fanciful makes it a great book for spotting things - colours, shapes, stripes and spots, as well as hair, teeth and even a fish that looks like a pineapple!

This was, without a doubt, my daughter's favourite book in her first year. She loved to turn the pages and to look for Little Fish, who appears in each drawing. The board book edition is a nice size for little hands to hold, and robust enough to withstand a certain amount of rough treatment!

If you're looking for a fun tale packed with colourful characters, 'Hooray for Fish!' comes highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooray for fish & the big kiss for Mummy, 22 Oct. 2008
Mummy Fish (Lincs, England) - See all my reviews
My 2 year old can't get enough of this book - she brings it to me every day without fail, and we read it as a bedtime story too. Dad also gets involved, and yes the best bit is the "kiss, kiss, kiss" at the end for Mum! We've made up silly faces and actions for each page, it's a lovely big bright book, that even my little 5 month old likes to look at with her big sister. I can't recommend it enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love the Grumpy Fish!, 29 May 2010
This review is from: Hooray for Fish! (Board book)
We've had this book for years and it's been a favourite of both my children. Both children have learnt about stripes, spots, happy and sad etc from this book. We all love it so much that the term 'Grumpy Fish' has become a part of our family vocabulary whenever anyone is feeling a bit moody! Fantastic book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright funny illustrations, 30 Sept. 2006
This review is from: Hooray for Fish! (Hardcover)
The illustrations in this book are colourful and funny and kids will enjoying pointing out the various unique fish in the book. It's great for teaching kids about differences being ok, also excellent for teaching counting and colours.

My niece and nephew just couldn't get enough of this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars english as a second language, 15 Jan. 2012
A story very useful for teaching english as a second language, especially with very young learners. Ideal for colours, sizes, relationships.

Vous enseignez l'anglais en CP ou CE1? Ce livre, accompagné du DVD est très bien pour travailler sur les notions de couleurs, de tailles, de relations familiales.

Hooray for Fish!
Hooray for Fish! by Lucy Cousins (Board book - 3 Mar. 2008)
Used & New from: £1.82