Format: Paperback|Change

Book 6, Claw of the Werewolf, sees the end of Luke's quest to collect all six ancient relics and get the heck out of Scream Street. There are many twists and turns, and a few revelations that left me stunned (though I did guess one of them, for once! Go me!). It's not all plain sailing for our young heroines of Scream Street: there are tough decisions to make, and important people to rescue.

Claw of the Werewolf wraps up the first six-book story arc, and makes way for a whole new plot in book 7 (Invasion of the Normals). Although the series so far has been a continuation, what I like about the books is that any one of them can be read as a standalone story. There's a recap included at the beginning of each book, and major plot threads are repeated within the first twenty pages or so. It makes it very easy to dip in and out of the series, which is perfect for younger readers who may just pick up a random copy at a school or library.

I love this series, and I think I'm a big kid at heart. It helps that it's set on a street filled with supernatural creatures, has fantastic artwork (by Lily Bernard of Cartoon Saloon) and features a little vampire called Resus Negative. There's nothing I like more than scary lifeforms doing good deeds, and that's why Scream Street has now become a rival for Goosebumps in the battle for my favourite children's horror series.
on 6 January 2010
This book & indeed the series are an excellent read. I bought the entire collection for my daughter for Christmas & she has not been able to put them down. These books would suit a boy or girl and give hours of fun literature!
on 29 March 2010
The 6th in this wonderful series. My kids and I enjoy reading these together. In this book you will learn some secrets of scream street and Luke. A fantastical surprising book.
on 8 January 2013
Arrived on time. Bought this for my son (10) he loved it. Bought the other 12 in the series too.
on 23 September 2015
We're hooked and love every book so far.