5.0 out of 5 stars out of this world
I bought this story for story time in a pre-school. Its absolutely briliant. The children love it. You read the story and it's about a Dad writing a story so 2 books in one. Love the illustrations and we used them to draw and imagine new and wonderful aliens. The text also rhymes in the 2nd book which is brilliant for early aliteration.
Published on 29 Oct 2009 by cinderella

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Follow Up
I couldn't wait to read this book after the brilliant Here Come The Aliens was such a success with my son. Unfortunately I found it really disappointing. The actual story is OK, the idea of a book within a book is unusual and the ending is amusing but it falls down on the alien part of the book. There were so many colourful ideas in Here Comes the Aliens that I think...
Published on 10 Mar 2012 by S Elliott

5.0 out of 5 stars out of this world, 29 Oct 2009
cinderella "and alfie" (Southampton, Hants United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 6 July 2011
This review is from: We're Off to Look for Aliens (Paperback)
This book is wonderful I bought it for my daughter age 6 but think a younger child could cope and enjoy this book. it's a lovely little story and to have a book inside a book very clever. my daughter now tells everyone her favorite author is Colin McNaughton.

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly Entertaining and Memorable, 26 Feb 2008
Quicksilver (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Discovering a children's book that both you and your two year old can enjoy is a rare thing but 'We're off to look for Aliens' pulls it off beautifully.

With wonderful illustrations, Colin McNaughton has created a charming and entertaining story. He even uses a 'book within a book' device to add an extra layer to what is usually (by necessity) a one dimensional genre. The rhyming and alliteration is very easy to read and great for children to join in with. There is even a twist at the end that might catch out the odd adult on the first read.
Children's books don't often come better than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: We're Off to Look for Aliens (Paperback)
A great follow up to 'Here come the Aliens'. Great story and has a good twist at the end. Arrived in good condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 31 Jan 2014
Ann E. C. Baker (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: We're Off to Look for Aliens (Paperback)
Following on from 'Aliens in Underpants save the world' this is another firm favourite for reading aloud and sharing in a small group. Lots of imaginative play and craft activities have come from these two books

5.0 out of 5 stars Children loved this book, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: We're Off to Look for Aliens (Paperback)
A highly captivating story which had the children in my nursery class enthralled. The illustrations were super. A good book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to encourage creative thinking in KS1 children, 9 April 2013
This review is from: We're Off to Look for Aliens (Paperback)
I loved this story and so did the children in my class (6yr olds). We loved the 'book within a book' aspect, the rhyme and comical vocabulary and the twist at the end. We got a lot of creative discussion and writing from this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 27 Oct 2012
This review is from: We're Off to Look for Aliens (Paperback)
Kids loved it....... ..... .... .... ... .... .... ..... ...... .. ..... ... .. ....... .... .... .... ......

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Bedtime Reading, 9 Jun 2011
This review is from: We're Off to Look for Aliens (Paperback)
My son (3, almost 4) loves this. There's lots in the pictures to describe and count, the story rhymes making it fun to read aloud and the last page never fails to delight him.
Definitely worth having on the bookshelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 15 Oct 2010
This review is from: We're Off to Look for Aliens (Paperback)
My little boy loves The aliens are coming, by Colin McNaughton so i'm sure that he will love this one too. This was a quick and easy transaction and much cheaper than buying it from a book shop

We're Off to Look for Aliens
We're Off to Look for Aliens by Colin McNaughton (Paperback - 6 April 2009)
5.24