5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for any kid interested in Robin Hood, 5 April 2003
This is the only book I've found which adapts the legend of Robin Hood in a child-friendly manner. My four year old, although he doesn't understand all the witty asides in the cartoon strip story, really enjoys listening to the story. It helps to answer the million questions he asks me about Robin Hood, although it throws up new ones too!
The story is presented in short chapters which makes it easy to dip in and out of, and the pictures have a wealth of detail which are good fun to sift through. Even my two-year old has been spotted looking through it on her own.
I think this book is probably aimed at older kids, but I would recommend it for anyone interested in Robin Hood. I am not actually very interested in him, but I still enjoy reading the book (just as well, as I have to read it every day!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully illustrated and well written., 29 Jun 2008
This review is from: The Adventures of Robin Hood (Paperback)
My 5 year old son was given this book for Christmas along with a Robin Hood outfit. He loves to be read the stories over and over again and is equally happy to sit and flick through the pages for himself, them being full of quirky little illustrations - hes always able to spot something hes not noticed before.I feel this series of books by Marcia Williams are very well suited to boys (or girls) who may be find it hard to sit and listen to a story without plenty of illustration, as they are kept engaged by the colourful and detailed pictures filling every page. My son has now requested others in the series, so thats why I'nm on here shopping for more by Marcia Williams - what a great way to educate our youngsters on the great myths, legends, inventors etc etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inventive and colourful, 7 May 2008
Humpty Dumpty (Wall St, Upton Snodsbury) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Adventures of Robin Hood (Paperback)
I agree with the two previous reviewers. An ideal rendering of these stories for young children with a butch Maid Marian and a porker of a Friar Tuck. The usual Williams technique of comic-strip narrative and the characters commenting on the action through witty and humorous speech bubbles.

Lovely colour, especially the use of many shades of green.

Perfect introduction for young children.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent ...but complex vocab and some gruesome scenes, 18 Sep 2010
Paul Hoffman - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Adventures of Robin Hood (Paperback)
This is a well illustrated book of the kind that keeps children engaged. It uses a relatively large vocabulary which would be appropiate of older children for example jilted vexatious and admonishing. The story does not shy away from the more grusome scenes which the reader should be prepared for such as a potential hanging and blinding with hot irons. Nevetheless an excellent book dependent on the age of the child

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good way of telling the story of Robin Hood., 13 Jan 2001
Eleven chapters of pure brilliance explaining the story of Robin Hood. Quick writings telling the story of the pictures very well. Marcia Williams is the chosen writer of this excellent tale retold beautifully.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
Lovely book.

5.0 out of 5 stars a colourful book for all to enjoy., 1 April 2014
This review is from: The Adventures of Robin Hood (Paperback)
my four year old grandson loves this cleverly illustrated book even though it is printed in 'comic strip' style. i was unsure at first how he would take to this different format but he really enjoys studying the pictures and finds some new detail he hadn't noticed before every time he looks through it.
i can recommend it to children of all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Adventures of Robin Hood (Paperback)
My six year old son loves this book. Words are a bit small for him to read so I read it to him.

4.0 out of 5 stars didn't arrive on time even though i paid for next day delivery, 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Adventures of Robin Hood (Paperback)
I love the book but I paid for next day delivery - a huge amount of money but it failed to arrive on time very disappointed and annoyed because the listing said it would arrive the next day, but once I had paid for it they then said it might not. I think this is awful I wouldn't have bought it from them if i'd know this before I paid for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Adventures of Robin Hood (Paperback)
This is the book I was looking for! I bought a few of this line and my son absolutely loves them. They combine good story lines with some great pictures. Enough to keep my son engaged!

The Adventures of Robin Hood
The Adventures of Robin Hood by Marcia Williams (Paperback - 1 Oct 2007)
5.59