5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating!
This is an excellent book. The author explains a highly complex subject so clearly - and so many of the observations struck me as making complete sense. I tried out the visual exercises on my teenagers and we all agreed we understood each other better as a result. Overall: just fascinating!
Published on 19 April 2007 by The Editor

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, but not really worth a whole book
I found it interesting how the way teenagers' (being one myself) work differently than that of an adult. The reasons we always argue with our parents and have these weird moodswings. It really made me look at things differently. Although saying to my mum every time we fall out "Blame My Brain" doesn't always work too well =P

Interesting read if you're looking...
Published on 6 July 2009 by D. Beaton

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating!, 19 April 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars My brain is soo cool!!!, 18 Sep 2006
R G D (edinburgh, scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blame My Brain (Paperback)
i actually won this book while meeting the author, Nicola Morgan. it is perfect for teenagers, parents and teachers as it explains behavourial issues, development and the overall mind of teens. morgan also contributes her theories along with scientifc evidence. a definate must read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mrs B, 7 Nov 2008
Mrs. L. Bellingham (Gloucestershire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blame My Brain (Paperback)
Brilliant book. As a professional working in Behaviour management in school and supporting students and their parents every day this has been wonderful. I have quoted parts and talked alot about various parts that have been useful just in the last 2 weeks! I am making it one of my top 10 essentail reads for parents and children entering adolescents. I have reassured parents and children alike that they are 'normal' and they will change and to accept themselves at present. A must read and to have on your shelf ready.

4.0 out of 5 stars So that's why I used to do that!, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Blame My Brain (Paperback)
'Blame my brain' has confirmed to me that I was not demented after all or angst-ridden just for the hell of it back when I was a hormonal teenager. It is also a great relief to me to know now that the earth was not resting its weary weight on my shoulders but there was in-fact a logical explanation for the way I was feeling. The insights into the young brain supplied by Nicola Morgan on her roller-coaster ride of the teenage mind and why they do the things they do, almost convince you that it was OK to pour juice over your brother because he was pressing all the wrong buttons or to write on your sisters jewellery box because you couldn't quite understand why she annoyed you so much. Well, almost.

From strops to tantrums to Neanderthal behaviour in boys and princess-like diva nonsense in girls - this should be read by every teenager, sibling and parent in the world. It offers a more feasible answer instead of 'that's just the way he/she is'.

My new 'how to cope' guide will not be in use for a few years yet but I will hold it close when the time comes. Thank you for writing this Ms Morgan - you are truly an inspiration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 6 April 2010
Tracy Guyan "Tracy G" (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blame My Brain (Paperback)
I would recommend this book to any parent who has a teenager. Our daughter is about to start her Standard Grades and the house has been fraught with tension. This book really opened my eyes and reminded me that I wasn't always an adult.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 9 Mar 2010
This review is from: Blame My Brain (Paperback)
This is well written and is easy to understand. I would recommend it for parents as it will give you an insight in to your teenagers thoughts and behaviours. I found it to be very useful as it covered a wide range of issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars enlightening!, 6 Jan 2010
This review is from: Blame My Brain (Paperback)
An excellent book for teenagers and the unfortunate parents that have to try and understand them. Presented in an easy and informative format, I would recommend it to anyone 14+ as essential reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars helped my daughter understand herself, and helped level of understanding in the parents too !, 30 Sep 2013
Good relatively short book on the topic. Helped my daughter understand the changes going on in her head so (hopefully) she can manage herself better, but also helped the levels of understanding in her parents too and brought back a few teeenage memories !
Only 'fault' not really a fault to be honest is on a few areas I would have really enjoyed more detail and a bit more on the theory but that's my own preferences coming through there, rather than a problem with the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very helpful book for puzzled parents too..., 5 Mar 2010
This review is from: Blame My Brain (Paperback)
It's nice to know what happens in your irrational teens head and that it might not all be your fault as a parent,(although that is what they would say). Had this book recommended to me and would definitely recommend it on. An easy read...Passing it on to my daughter next and waiting in excitement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended reading for parents of teenagers, 15 April 2014
This review is from: Blame My Brain (Kindle Edition)
A few years ago, I borrowed this book from a friend and it really helped improve my relationship with my teenage son. A fascinating subject dealt with so well by Nicola Morgan. Despite the book being aimed at teenagers, it helped me understand why my son was behaving the way he was, I relaxed and things improved significantly. My younger son is about to turn 14 so I downloaded a copy onto my Kindle and immediately felt more relaxed about dealing with the teen years one more time. I have recommended this book to a couple of friends who also found it very helpful in dealing with their teenage sons.

Blame My Brain
Blame My Brain by Nicola Morgan (Paperback - 5 Nov 2007)
Used & New from: 0.01