5.0 out of 5 stars Who enjoyed it more - teacher or pupils??, 4 May 2007
SJSmith (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I read this with a Y8 class over a few lessons and they were hooked from the start. Although it's short, it's perfect for 10 minutes at the end of a lesson or as a short class reader for a few lessons. The girls were not convinced to begin with but with some speculation throughout the first chapter they became intrigued.

The plot is great - think Cluedo set on an Island. The characters are all funny with something endearing about all of them. The children were left guessing right up to the end which made it worth while.

A lovely cost effective book that was just right!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable murder comedy, 27 Oct 2006
Probably the best Horowitz story I have ever read.

He is my favourite author and always has been. The way he can include horror into a very funny story emphasises his ability to write in different styles and creates appreciative writing styles for different audiences.

This Diamond brother story is the best in the series. The brothers travel to a claustrophobic island where murders are taking place, but no one knows who is doing the.

The story is very exciting because of the mystery surrounding the plot. No one knows what is happening, creating great tension and mysterious things keep taking place. The use of Tim's pathetic self with terrible humour allows heavy chuckles when reading.

The cleverness of Nick is great as Horowitz writes from his point of view, allowing us an inside into his clever detective mind.

The murder conventions are great and captivate the genre brilliantly. The clues leading up to a brilliant conclusion are very well throughout out and engage the readers to thin for themselves about who the murderer really is.

The setting is also very well described and adds to an already tense plot.

A short story with exciting scenes, mystery and suspense running throughout, comedy, and intriguing character add up to one of the most exciting mysterious books I have ever read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the Price!, 8 Mar 2007
C. McLean (N. Ireland) - See all my reviews
This is a realy entertaining book. It is very funny and has many grusome murders! It should appeal to anyone who likes detective stories, young and old. It is always easy to pick up and read and is never boring. The only reason it got four stars was because it is really quite short. But for £1 you can't go wrong!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant horror story!!!, 19 Dec 2010
A Kid's Review
This is a brilliant book filled with danger, excitement and cliffhangers! it is short but filled with lots of adventure, it is not for the faint-hearted as there are some gruesome murders! It is very cleverly written and is wrapped up brilliantly. I would recommend this book for about 9+ (I am 11). It is highly addictive and you won't be able to put it down!
Another amazing book by Anthony Horowitz.

5.0 out of 5 stars fab for reluctant boy readers, 29 May 2009
I. Cooke "bookworm" (Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Know What You Did Last Wednesday (Diamond Brothers) (Paperback)
I put fab for BOY readers simply because by son is a reluctant 10 year old reader (as opposed to my bookworm daughter) and he devoured this book and all the other books in this collection. it is a detective book with the main character being a 13 year old boy, full of funny moments and easy to read, so is perfect for KS2 primary school kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars What do Year 3 children think of this book?, 23 Jan 2014
M. Davies - See all my reviews
I read this book to my year 3 class in Southampton. We chose this book because we felt it would appeal to boy readers and it was also short - only 80 pages. This made it perfect for keeping the children's attention and creating learning tasks based on the story.

But what did the children think...

"It was mind-blowing. It was awesome because it was creepy and shocking, whilst being funny and interesting."

"The book did make me have a few bad dreams because it had a lot of people being killed in it but I am pleased that we finished it because I now feel a lot better about it."

"Tim is my favourite character because he takes baths with plastic ducks, does silly things and is generally quite stupid."

"I want to go to the library and get it out so that I can read it again."

The children really enjoyed the book, even though it was a bit scary at times for them. As teachers, we edited what we read to them slightly so as to cut out some of the more gruesome parts - even though nothing in the book is too graphic.
As a class, we would recommend this book for children in year 4 (8-9 year olds) and older. There are some year 3 children though who would really enjoy this book though.

5.0 out of 5 stars I know what you did last Wednesday, 1 Jun 2013
Very exciting murder-comedy book rate full stars you have to buy it and if you don't your missing out on a very enjoyable book

5.0 out of 5 stars Sami age 10, 19 Sep 2008
A Kid's Review
I would give this book 5 start because its a good mystery book and it fits other genres like horror and Crime.There is nothing i could improve.Evreything is amazing.The book is not too short and not too long.The story line is fabulous aswell.The book fits the Horror genre because of all of the killing and the suprises.It also fits crime because of all the killing happening again and again without knowing who did the crime.I would recomend this book to ages older than 9 years old and people who like Horror books.

4.0 out of 5 stars I know what you did last wednesday, 15 Jun 2014
This book is another BRILIANT diamond brothers adventure. The way that humour is slotted in with tims stupidity is fantsic
My second favourite one out of the series it has the perfect 'how is this happening' feel where you just can not predict the situation. when you are trapped on an island and all of these ex students are dying you really get a full mystery. I would recomend this to any person who likes a good mystery and a good amount of laughs.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star for Wednesday, 17 Mar 2014
Really good and creative I could follow the story really well and I love the mystery sence to it really good!

I Know What You Did Last Wednesday (Diamond Brothers)
I Know What You Did Last Wednesday (Diamond Brothers) by Anthony Horowitz (Paperback - 4 Jun 2007)