5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent resource
Published on 11 Feb 2009 by Kate

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Too graphic for a 7 year old.
Published 5 months ago by Sue Hill

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent resource, 11 Feb 2009
This review is from: Let's Talk: About Girls, Boys, Babies, Bodies, Families & Friends (Lets Talk) (Paperback)
I'm a foster carer and bought this book on recommendation to help my current foster child learn more about her body and how families are different. It's a very good book for dipping in and out of, with clear information presented in a very child-friendly way. The illustrations are fun and encourage discussion. I'd recommend this book to anyone who works with children. Definitely well worth having on the shelf!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 7 Feb 2009
E. Foster "Information Hound" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my two year old son who is already asking some very awkward questions! Although I wouldn't say the entire book is suitable for him at this stage (we only tend to look at a few of the pages at the moment) I can see it being used more and more as he grows. Great illustrations, no-nonsense information and a sense of humour. Very easy to follow, I probably learned a lot as well!

Edit 14/05/2010 - my son is now six years old and we still come back to this book. My daughter is three and she loves looking at the pictures of the pregnant lady and dog, which helped to clarify why my friend had a baby in her tummy (my daughter honestly thought she had eaten the baby...). A brilliant resource, straight forward and practical.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, 2 Dec 2009
flo (swindon, uk) - See all my reviews
clear, not frightening, very nicely illustrated with 'real looking' people from various ethnic/age background. great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 May 2011
Used it to different degrees with my 7 and 9 year olds. Excellent illustrations and age appropriate explanations. Highly recommend this

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 1 May 2012
Half way through reading this to my 8 1/2 year old. It is ideal to get the message across without being too scientific - would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Our 6 year old adopted son loves this., 10 May 2012
I bought this in conjunction with Claire Rayner's, The Body Book - partly because that's the book I remember from my childhood and also because it deals with a wider range of body issues in excellent, child-friendly detail. However, it's the Let's Talk book that grabbed my 6 year old's attention. He loves the Bird and Bee characters and has been fascinated to learn about where babies come from. He had been asking questions about his body and this was just a really useful tool to help me explain things.
As an adoptive parent, I also love the fact that the book acknowledges so beautifully that there are all different types of family and talks about emotional issues around friendship and growing up.
A fun book for him and a useful one for us. I'm sure we'll keep coming back to it as he gets older too. Would definitely recommend.
UPDATE: A little while on and this is still his first book of choice, especially when reading alone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lets talk, 10 Jan 2010
F Whight (Peterborough, England) - See all my reviews
This book was bought for my two girls aged 5 and 8. Easy to read very nice pictures both the girls love it and find it easy to dip in and out of for information.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book., 9 Jun 2014
elbow patch (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Just what I was looking for, a clear informative book suitable for an inquisitive eight year old. There is enough information to cover all the basic facts. The book does not go into details about the menstrual cycle, but there is enough information to start a conversation about it should you wish to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for sharing with children up to about 10, 9 Feb 2013
I have only flicked through this book so far, but it is factual and interestingly presented and I think it will be useful when my children begin to ask questions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book to share with your little ones, 25 Nov 2012
I had been looking for a book to help me introduce body awareness and some basic but not too graphic facts of life to my 5 year old daughter. This book is great, a very friendly book, not scary or weird for my daughter. It is all matter of fact and very natural. My daughter really liked the illustrations and the two bird characters on each page.We haven't yet got through the whole book as I am dividing it into chunks for us to re read before moving on. Glad I bought it. I would have given it 5 stars if there was a little more humour in it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Let's Talk: About Girls, Boys, Babies, Bodies, Families & Friends (Lets Talk)