5.0 out of 5 stars compulsory purchase
Published on 3 Aug. 2008 by Pink Hair

2.0 out of 5 stars could of been so good
Bought along with some worry dolls. Would of been a great story if it hadnt got all way to the end and then it says " billy starts to worry about the worry dolls" so he has to make more and more. If you have child who is a worrier not great to put more worries in there head. The story should of stopped at the worry dolls taking all his worries away!!!
Published 12 days ago by Broughty4

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars compulsory purchase, 3 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Silly Billy (Paperback)
I borrowed this book from the library and had to renew it to give me time to purchase it for my two and a half year old daughter who absolutely adores it. She shows signs of being a little worrier and I initially hoped it would alleviate this tendancy. Hopefully it is working because she loves Billy and every night we read through his worries and how the worry dolls help him overcome them. She loves to point out each worry doll by name (and there are over 35 of them in the book) and she delights in the pictures and remembers verbatem the words of wisdom spoken by the members of Billy's family. My own mother (just like Billy's wise Grandma) has her own set of worry dolls and this adds to the enchantment for my daughter. I recommend it for every potential little worrier out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars silly billy book to go with worry dolls, 5 April 2011
This review is from: Silly Billy (Paperback)
an excellent book to accompany worry dolls for young children to understand what they are for and how to use. Especially if given to a child that needs discreet reassurance that things do not have to keep whizzing round their heads and make them anxious, for those worries that are far from important to adults but life changing to young children and their world of learning and friendships. even if only read once it will allay many fears.

5.0 out of 5 stars worry book, 13 July 2010
J. M. Smith - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silly Billy (Paperback)
Really love this book and use it with 6 year olds just before they move to new class. We also all make worry dolls and the children love doing that. Some really like the idea of passing on their worries but others are already sceptical - even at 6!

5.0 out of 5 stars Anthony Browne's 'Silly Billy', 18 Dec. 2009
Elizabeth Wilde (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silly Billy (Hardcover)
Like all Anthony Browne books,'Silly Billy'appeals to audiences on different levels. For anyone with an anxious child or anyone who teaches social and emotional aspects of learning, this book is a 'must-have' along with a box of worry dolls.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for class use!, 2 April 2009
This review is from: Silly Billy (Paperback)
As a class teacher of reception pupils this book is very useful for those pupils who do have anxieties. We also made worry dolls from lolly sticks and strips of fabric. I would highly recommend this book, as the worries of the little boy are in the main unusual, so even the worriers do not feel self-conscious of their own concerns.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Little Gem, 28 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Silly Billy (Paperback)
I bought this for my 8 year old grandson. He had been waking in the night crying and frightened. He had even seen his GP a couple of times regarding it who was starting to tag him as a "disturbed child" which was utter rot!! There was obviously a lot of worries going around in his head that he was struggling to sort out. I had bought him a bag of worry people and in researching them found out about this book. The story explained the "use" of the worry people in such a child friendly way. He loved the story, it obviously clicked with him somehow and after just 3 nights of him privately telling his people his concerns and then tucking them under his pillow he has slept soundly. That was a couple of months ago and there hasn't been a problem since. He does say however that if he get worried or frightened of something again he knows how "to sort it out"

I have nothing negative to say

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 18 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Silly Billy (Paperback)
We are a class of Year 2 children and we love Silly Billy. Billy is a worrier, he even worries about hats and giant birds! We like this book because Billy makes worry dolls for the worry dolls for the worry dolls. You should definitely read this book, it's brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars WE LOVE SILLY BILLY!, 6 May 2009
This review is from: Silly Billy (Paperback)
We are a class of year 3 children. We would recommend this book because it is one of the best books that we have ever read. It is a funny book as Billy worries about all sorts of funny things. The illustrations are colourful and give extra information. It is great for all ages!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 12 Aug. 2012
maggiew (Kingston United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silly Billy (Paperback)
I bought this on the strength of reviews I had read. It does not disappoint and my grandson loved it. I am now tempted to buy other Anthony Browne books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Book for Reading at Night, 28 May 2010
Vivek Marwah "Vivek" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silly Billy (Paperback)
My daughter thoroughly enjoyed this book. The message of worry dolls is fantastic. Good learning for everyone. Very good book. Highly recommended.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Silly Billy
Silly Billy by Anthony Browne (Paperback - 5 Nov. 2007)