5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!
Published on 5 Jun 2004 by kevinlee828

3.0 out of 5 stars Modern Day Prince and the Pauper
Published 3 months ago by Nicola Mansfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, 5 Jun 2004
This review is from: The Switch (Paperback)
Tad Spencer, the only son of a famous millionaire had everything anybody could wish for: a wonderful mansion, maids, servants as well as his own 108cm television. But one night he made the mistake of wishing that he was someone else. A switch takes place and he wakes as young, poor Bob Snarby, trapped in a funfair inhabited by mystic fortune tellers, magic Indians and the deadly criminal Finn. But amongst all these things he may die trying to be himself¡K
I believe that this book is a very thrilling and realistic read and it is a perfect storyline for the age group of 11 to adult. I also enjoyed the humour of this book and I find that it was worth the time I spent reading it. It also made a lot of sense because many of us wake up wishing that we were somebody else with lots of money, with little to do but go shopping or just sit in front of our own 108 cm television, watching The Simpsons.
Anthony Horowitz has included everything that kids wish for just before they go to bed each night. Although the start is a little slow, I enjoyed the few twists that he put in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent fast, funny book for a range of readers., 3 Jan 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: The Switch (Paperback)
'The Switch' is a children's super-natural adventure book, about the 'switch' which occurs between an extremely rich, unlikable boy and a young criminal and what the two find out in the process. The characters are funny and the action is fast. There is a serious message in the book but this does not get in the way of the story. It's an easy read but still interesting for older readers. My class enjoyed reading it and I enjoyed teaching it! Rob Clifford (English teacher).

5.0 out of 5 stars The Switch, 13 Nov 2002
Roddy Stewart (Inverness,United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Switch (Paperback)
Anthony Horowitz has done it yet again!He has managed to write yet another brilliant story that makes you want to keep reading his books.The plot is two boys trade places,one a faboulously rich the other lives in a fairground.The story cleverly twists and turns until the rollercoaster climax[litrally].I urge every single person to read this book then read it again!

5.0 out of 5 stars A surprisingly dark, thoughtful book with a lot going for it, 27 Aug 2010
This review is from: The Switch (Paperback)
The Switch is one of those rare books that successfully captures the imagination of all who read it, senile or not senile, in such a way that it encapsulates one of humanities most common wishes - the wish to be someone else.

It is also one of Horowitz' few books that has (gasp!) a moral in it, and at the end I guarantee you that Horwitz will have banged it into your head like a hammer.

Even if you stripped away all the moral elements and left the book a bit empty in terms of chaste, it will still be one of the best books you've ever read. The descriptions and images that the author implants within your mind are vivid, believable and never less than jaw-droppingly realistic. It's as if Horowitz studied every-day people and wrote a summary about one of his observations, then plastered it into the book in simplified form.

What you are left with is a funny, quirky and dark novel that, I assure you, does not fail in its attempt to snatch away at your imagination - not for a single second.

A masterpiece.

3.0 out of 5 stars Modern Day Prince and the Pauper, 3 May 2014
This review is from: The Switch (Paperback)
My son read this book and really enjoyed it so I read it after him. That is a deal we have. This is my first book by this author and while I only thought it was good/ok, I would still like to try some of his other work. A typical scenario of trading places as in "The Prince and the Pauper" only a little magic is involved more like "Freaky Friday". A rich boy and a street-wise carnival thief wake up in each other's bodies. While written in the third person we follow the story from Tad (the rich boy's) perspective and he finds out that there is reason to this madness as he discovers the truth about his rich family and also learns that a life where one has to earn one's own keep has the potential to be far more rewarding. I quickly read this in an afternoon and it held my attention but I found it quite predictable. My son enjoyed it much more than I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Switch, 26 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Switch (Paperback)
Bought for my grandson. An excellent book, received by with a huge smile. He loves his books and has read Anthony Horowitz avidly

5.0 out of 5 stars Switch, 14 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Switch (Kindle Edition)
This book was quite thrilling to read. I chose 6 books over the summer Hollidays and this was the last one I chose to read. I read it on our flight back back from Karystos (Greece) and in two hours flat I had read it. The whole story was utterly additive and had lots of laugh out loud moments but it also had action and emotional bits. Give a round of applause to Anthony Horrowits.

5.0 out of 5 stars None, 9 July 2013
This review is from: The Switch (Kindle Edition)
epic anthony will grip you with lots of daring suspence and that is just the first page! get ready for a great adventure!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!!, 14 April 2013
This review is from: The Switch (Kindle Edition)
Really good read, couldn't put it down and with lots of twists and turns it kept me interested and excited to read on. I'm sad I've finished it now but really glad I read it

3.0 out of 5 stars A great read, but a familiar theme, 17 Mar 2013
D. Lucas (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Switch (Kindle Edition)
Not very original, but modern twist on an old classic. Would like more originality though. A boys wishes he was somewhere else when he can not get his own way. It cones true. Moves with pace - dull ending.

The Switch
The Switch by Anthony Horowitz (Paperback - 5 Jan 2009)