5.0 out of 5 stars Hugely recommended!
This is an AMAZING book for both children and adults alike. Mati is a very endearing character and by the end of the book you really feel part of his journey. I hope Inbali Iserles writes a sequel as I can't wait to see what happens next!!!
Published on 5 Aug 2007 by Dumbledore

3.0 out of 5 stars good, but not as good as expected
I bought this book for my 8.5 year old daughter for Xmas based on the the recommendation by the Independent as a top 50 book that every child should read and based on the positive reviews on Amazon. She read it and enjoyed it, but it did not suck her into another world like many other books, to the point where she can't tear herself away to eat or do anything else. When...
Published on 4 Jan 2012 by book mouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Hugely recommended!, 5 Aug 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful story, 6 Aug 2007
R. D. Mansell (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Tygrine Cat (Paperback)
This is a delightful, and delightfully written story, about a little cat who gets caught up in various adventures, and events far bigger than he could have dreamed. It's very well written, very enjoyable, and well paced. There is a cracking story, but also some real depth and emotion to it. I gave my 10-year old niece a copy, and she absolutely loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!, 25 Feb 2008
This review is from: The Tygrine Cat (Paperback)
The "Tygrine Cat" kept me in its grip from the very first page. The story telling is masterful and the author managed to really put herself into the mind of a cat. You cannot help but continue reading as the mystery of Mati's destiny unfolds in the course of the book. I cannot wait for a sequel!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Thrilling Tail!, 16 Aug 2007
This review is from: The Tygrine Cat (Paperback)
I stumbled across this fantastic book by chance and couldn't put it down. The Tygrine Cat is a compelling and vivid adventure story that grapples with a range of personal, political and spiritual issues, suitable for girls and boys. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets adapted to animation film. Long live, Mati!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 11 Nov 2007
Mr. I. E. Brice (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Tygrine Cat (Paperback)
I really enjoyed The Tygrine Cat: it is beautifully written. Mati - initially inexperienced and fallible - makes a sympathetic and convincing hero. The fast, exciting pace never flags. The scene-setting descriptions of weather, nature and the seasons, into which the cats' world is inextricably woven - and of Fićney: the 'dream-wake' - are exquisite. The contrast between modern, chaotic, commercialism and ancient, mystical menace which exist side by side is also well handled. I found the climax gripping and cleverly dealt with, and the bittersweet ending touching. I can wholeheartedly recommend The Tygrine Cat to older children and adults alike. I understand that the novel has been nominated for an award, and deservedly so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat Lovers Buy this, 17 Aug 2008
Caroline+Kats (Breezy East Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Tygrine Cat (Paperback)
My daughter is 10 and loved this - the author has a new one out soon in Sept this year and we will be getting that. Great read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just purrrfect..., 6 Aug 2007
A. Slinn "Ania" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Tygrine Cat (Paperback)
I decided to buy this book for a friend's daughter who is cat mad, but- having read it - would strongly recomend it for anyone. Its a really exciting adventure full of mystery and is highly original ... one of those books that, once you start reading them, is impossible to put down. Just brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book ever., 1 Mar 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: The Tygrine Cat (Paperback)
I loved it so much, I didn't want to finish it. I am 8 years old.

5.0 out of 5 stars A cat adventure!, 21 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Tygrine Cat (Paperback)
Although this book is aimed for 8-12 year olds, I read it as a fully fledged adult and loved it! It's certainly a child's fantasy book that easily crosses over to adults, given its hidden depth and dimensions. It essentially tells the story of an ancient Egyptian rivalry between two cat dynasties, through the story of a young cat Mati. It's full of intrigue and mystery and you will just keep on turning the pages! I'd certainly recommend it, and I've also just bought it for my 9 year old niece, who is mad about cats. I know that there is a sequel that has recently come out, so I will definitely buy that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 8 Jan 2010
This review is from: The Tygrine Cat (Paperback)
After reading all the five star reviews on here, I bought this book, hoping for a good read.
Once I'd read the first page, I could not put this book down. I could hardly cope seperating with it even when I had to go to the toilet. You may be scornful, or disbelieving, but I am completely telling the truth. Unlike other books, where you have to push on until you get settled into the plot, The Tygrine Cat tugs you in.
Perhaps the plot is a little cliched - a young creature, who happens not to know who he is or where he comes from, and struggles with his memories. But, these cliches, amazingly, just add charm instead of cheesiness!
When I finished reading this book, I instantly hoped for a sequel soon. I must look for other books by this author. This was her first novel, and it, most certainly, was not disappointing!

What are you waiting for? Go ahead and buy it!! :)

The Tygrine Cat
The Tygrine Cat by Inbali Iserles (Paperback - 2 July 2007)
Ł5.11