5.0 out of 5 stars Fangtastic
Classic & fantastic stories with excellent artwork. My son loved it since 5 years old and so have I. We return to it regularly. Nice touches of humour too.. my sons favourite: as Perseus vanishes in front of the Gorgons "where'd he go", "fanged if I know".
Published on 29 Sep 2003 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a comic.
This is a good book and does cover the content mentioned in the description.

What the description fails to point out is that this book is entirely written *only* in horizontal comic strip format. As such it is only able to cover the stories in the most lightweight fashion.

It is humorous and eye catching but is not suitable for children doing...
Published on 12 Feb 2008 by Bond

5.0 out of 5 stars Fangtastic, 29 Sep 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars cartoon style is great, 11 Jan 2006
By A Customer
My 7 year old son loves this book so much I can barely tear him away from it. Fantastic cartoon style stories of about 4 pages each - funny and witty captions without losing the thrust of the story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Myth cartoons, 24 Mar 2010
This review is from: Greek Myths (Paperback)
A great resource for the classroom - I used with my Year 4 class and they loved them. A good mix of story and speech - good level of humour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, 1 Oct 2013
This review is from: Greek Myths (Paperback)
I find this very hard to read with my 5 year old as it has me in stitches and she doesn't yet get the humour and gets cross with me, Educational and highly entertaining. Recommend heartily!

5.0 out of 5 stars love these books, 5 Nov 2010
This review is from: Greek Myths (Paperback)
these books are so good for yonger children to read. i have use it in year five a few times and will be using it in year three soon good all rounder

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever comics!, 20 Jan 2010
F. Turner "Francesca" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greek Myths (Paperback)
When I read another review which mentioned the comic book style of this book, I was a bit skeptical that we would get much out of it. I was wrong. Both my children (ages 5 and 7) love it! Each of the myths is told through pictures and captions and the format actually works very well. Some of the myths are really difficult for children to understand but the comics make it easier. It may not be as thorough as a narrative but for kids it is a great way to convey the stories and get them interested in a topic which probably would be boring otherwise.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a comic., 12 Feb 2008
This review is from: Greek Myths (Paperback)
This is a good book and does cover the content mentioned in the description.

It is humorous and eye catching but is not suitable for children doing projects on Greek myths!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent kids' book., 27 Mar 2014
This review is from: Greek Myths (Paperback)
My granddaughters love it - it has opened up a whole new (old) world for them. They now, thanks to this book, have a new dimension in their lives. It has spurred them on to find out more about Greek Myths.

4.0 out of 5 stars Marcia Williams Greek Myths LOVE IT, 23 Jun 2011
This review is from: Greek Myths (Paperback)
My 2 and 4 year olds are fascinated by this - love the pictures which they study and have favorite characters already - my little girl now knows who Pandora is and my boy loves/fears the minotaur - it is a great introduction to the world of Greek mythology without being boring and of course is very general but it is a great lead up to more detailed stories in other books. We bought D'Aualaires Book of Greek Myths and I know without the Marcia Williams book they would have been much less interested.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun treatment of Greek myth for young children, 6 May 2008
Humpty Dumpty (Wall St, Upton Snodsbury) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greek Myths (Paperback)
This is not quite the best of Marcia Williams's books, but it's still an attractive, humorous treatment of eight myths with the inimitable Williams strip-cartoon providing the backdrop. The stories move along by means of narrative and speech-bubble type dialogue.

This is an excellent first introduction to stories that form part of the world's cultural store of knowledge and that parents and young children can share and have fun with.

Greek Myths
Greek Myths by Marcia Williams (Paperback - 2 Oct 2006)
5.99