4.0 out of 5 stars The US Version
Published on 3 Oct 2007 by Peaches' Mum

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrendous stereotypes - buy this if you want your children to pick up bitter resentment
This and '5 minutes peace' have just gone to the charity shop, although I felt the shredder would be a much better place for them. My issue with the books is the messages. In 5 minutes peace you have a bedraggled miserable mother elephant desperate to get away from her children. The language is aggressive and the poor happy go lucky children try desperately to spend some...
Published 17 months ago by Mr C Baynham-Hughes

4.0 out of 5 stars The US Version, 3 Oct 2007
This review is from: Mr. Large in Charge (Paperback)
We love the Large family and their stories. I read them to my elder daughter (now 17) when she was little. We now have the whole set and my 2 1/2 year old loves these stories. When I saw Mr Large in Charge I couldn't wait to buy it. However, I made a mistake when I bought this book as I didn't realise it is the American version so uses the terms Mommy, Mom and Soccer. In addition, it has been written for the over 4's and the vocabulary is rather advanced for a 2 year old to understand, unlike the other Large family books. I tend to modify it somewhat which makes it hard work. That being said, my little girl loves the story and selects this one for me to read every night at bedtime.

5.0 out of 5 stars laugh out loud, 5 Oct 2007
This review is from: Mr Large in Charge (Paperback)
My daughters (6 and 3 years) love the 'Large family' books and tapes. This story recounts a day when Mr Large takes over running the house because Mrs Large is not well. It is so well-observed, that the first time I read it I was helpless with laughter at one point (the girls thought it was very funny that I couldn't go on for a while!) and the book has been read and enjoyed many times since. This book is not for you if you are sensitive about stereotyping male and female roles in the home, but if you don't take these things too seriously, it's great fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Large in Charge, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: Mr Large in Charge (Paperback)
Brilliant book, one of many featuring the Large family. My Children enjoyed them all and so does the little boy next door.
Great delivery service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bedtime story, 16 Mar 2013
Both my 3 and 4 year old love the Large Family stories. The audio CD is also a bonus as they can enjoy the story in the car too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Appropriate and entertaining, 7 Jan 2013
Great story with lovely illustrations; the story content matched to picture content. Some new vocabulary for my 21/2 year old.
Our second of the Large family stories

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book in this collection, 31 Dec 2012
My 5 year old grandson loves these books and was delighted when santa brought him this book to add to his collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, funny and entertaining!, 9 Dec 2012
This story of the Large Family is one of the best ones. My girls both loved it and found certain parts hilarious! Great story and larger than life characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Large In Charge (Large Family), 2 Feb 2011
All the Large Family books are good and very funny but this one along with CD is absolutely brilliant! My 6yr and 4yr old grandsons adore the stories and always seem to pick this particular one for Nanny to read, (that's me) This special time reading with grand children is good fun for them and keeps me smiling too. Mary

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book., 22 April 2010
This review is from: Mr Large in Charge (Paperback)
I recently brought this book for my children, girls 5 & 2. They already have Five minutes peace. They absolutley love this book. I think that the rest of the Large family books will be making their way into our collection. It's a perfect bedtime story as not too long and very entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love the Large family!, 25 Mar 2010
Mrs. J. A. Rudkin "Jules" (West Berks) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mr Large in Charge (Paperback)
Another excellent book by Jill Murphy. I still smile as I read the story of when poor Mrs Large is ill and ends up having a not very restful day in bed when Mr Large decides to take over for the day. We are a large family too so we all relate to the Large household. It makes my two younger boys (aged 7 and 9) think when they read / hear the story from Mrs Large's perspective and see what mothers have to put up with. This one, along with 'Five Minutes Peace' are my two favourites of the Large family collection - I can relate to both of them!!

Mr Large in Charge
Mr Large in Charge by Murphy (Paperback - 6 Nov 2006)
4.79