Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 October 2003
In Golden Buddha Cussler breaks from his formula to write an exellent story about a private spy networks attempts to put the Dalai Lama back in his rightful place as leader of Tibet. The novel moves at a fast pace, as Juan Cabrillo, and his co-conspirators attempt to thwart the Russian, and Chinese military, and intelligence services.
I have been a long time fan of Mr. Cussler's and this book confirms why; in his mid-seventies, while other authors take the take the easy road of formula writing, Cussler continues to re-invent the action-adventure novel.Simply put; As head of Numa(Nation Underwater Marine Agency) Mr. Cussler has no equal!
Lots of fun to read. Pure escapism, and a lot of fun to be had by all readers! I can't imagine anyone not being thrilled by this, or any of his novels. Highly reccommended!
on 31 July 2013
After reading the first three Fargo adventures and the first Isaac Bell book I decided to give the Oregon Files a try.

Unfortunately it took me a while to get into the story as it starts off rather slow and boring and I didn't really know what was going on. However the story does pick up nearly half way through the book and I found I wanted to read on.

Although the story does end up being a good read it can seem a bit far fetched and confusing at times, like the amount of characters in the book. I found at points throughout the book I had to stop and think 'who are you again?'

Overall it did turn out to be a decent story and in parts, I did find it interesting but it could have been better.
on 22 October 2004
I really enjoy reading Golden Bouddah and greatly recommand it. At first, I was reluctant to leave Numa and Dirk Pitt but I found Juan Cabrillo and the Oregon ship just a good.
The book follows the same patern as the Dirk Pitt adventures: starting in the past, then jumping back to the present time and bit by bit, the puzzle falls into place.
For me, it's really a book I coudn't wait to pick it up again... and now that I've finished it, I can't wait to start reading "Sacred Stone", the second of the Oregon files.
on 7 March 2013
Although I have already read some of the "Oregon" books, this one was fabulous. The book was all action and unput-downable. I was always wanting to read on to see what the outcome of that particular phase was but sleep often got the better of me. A book I would thoroughly recommend. Total action all the way through.
on 23 June 2013
Initially, after a few pages, I gave up reading because I found the the dialogue between the characters stilted and even childish. This persisted up until the recovery of the Buddah aboard the Oregon when things improved presumably reflecting the different styles of two authors.

The storyline is good with very good plot details but the whole text is technically incompetent. The author(s) seem to have some knowledge of helicopters and fixed wing aircraft yet errors abound. I found it irritating that, for example, a vessel described as a patrol boat was then referred to as a frigate and a cruiser in later paragraphs.

But, fr the price an entertaining read if only to make Kindle notes on the many errors!
on 16 August 2012
Another book from the large Clive Cussler range

As per the others,good guys beat bad,an enjoyable and easy read like his other books and always good to have one of his books at hand when waiting for the latest James Rollins,andy Mcdermott,Chris Kuzneski,David Golemon,David Gibbins and the like to bring their latest out as one thing you can guarantee about Cussler is that he is regular.

i do tend to favour his Dirk Pitt and Fargo adventures but lets not be too picky,you know the plots and if you like Cusslers way of writing you will buy the book and enjoy it for what it is,if you don't,tough,i liked it and will continue buying his books.
on 9 July 2014
Fast paced, far fetched, a typical Cussler book. This time I feel the story is just too over the top. Eventually you have to step back from continually having your hero and heroines riding rough shod over all laws on land and sea and having access to anything and everything they want; if you do not then the excitement of the book is diminished and I am afraid I felt this happened with this offering. I finished it but at times I was hoping the end would come sooner as it was just lacked real suspense. On a good day Cussler and his co-writers can produce an excellent book, on others you feel that they rushed one out to satisfy an annual quota.
on 2 October 2013
I'm a CC fan, almost had read all his books, and when the OREGON was mentioned, I thought it was a promising idea. I'm 5/8 of the way through this book, and I'm going to stop. A lot of non-sense, too many character to keep track of, but the story is just SOOOOOO weak and corny....I really hope is just because of the other author....will go on to read #2 of the OREGON Files see if this is just a fluke or a trend.....Oh, by the way, don't waste your time....
on 15 March 2013
Read the jungle and thought I should read the entire series so I started art the beginning and it did not disappoint!
on 10 February 2013
captures you from the first page, very hard book to put down. felt as though I was in the adventure