5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I've bought this year
Published 23 months ago by Ladyhawke

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretentious and rather longwinded
Having read Fifty Shades and Bared to you, I thought it was about time I read Gabriel's Inferno.
MY REVIEW CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS BTW. DON'T READ ANY FURTHER IF IT MIGHT SPOIL THE BOOK FOR YOU.
Published 18 months ago by Lizbeth

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I've bought this year, 20 Sep 2012
I bought this book after reading Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy, thinking it would be similar. It's so much better. This book, and its sequel Gabriel's Rapture are well written. Bought them on my Kindle when they were first available months ago. There has been so much hype about these books on the Internet, in book clubs, and on Twitter. Well, the hype is well deserved. I've re-read the books and enjoyed them more the second, and third time around. I've pre-ordered them in paperback, because there are just some books that you want to have on your bookshelves. I recommend you add both these books to your shopping cart. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars better than 50 shades, 18 Sep 2012
this is a great book better than 50 shades without a doubt well worth a read well written and an easy read

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, erudite, sensual ... what more can a reader want?, 12 Sep 2012
A slow-burn cerebrally erotic tantaliser of a book. Not only that, it's well written with the underpinnng of the immortal story of Dante's adoration of his muse Beatrice. Yes, there are times when you want to tell Gabriel to stop being such a pompous, self important idiot. Likewise Julianne who's intimidated by him. However, as their backstories unfold, one comes to understand their reasons for being as they are. As Julianne asserts herself, the power balance alters. Over-arching all this is Gabriel's developing feeling of love and need of her - which is reciprocated. Don't expect sex scenes on every other page - this book conveys the consuming love merely with a kiss ... Far more erotic. However, the denouément of this first book is wonderful. Played out against the backdrops of Toronto, USA and Italy, Gabriel's Inferno takes us on a tumultuous journey

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME START TO A NEW TROLGY, 8 Aug 2014
Cookie's Princess (Greenock, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I READ THIS BOOK WHEN IT WAS FIRST RELEASED.NO IDEA WHY I NEVER WROTE A REVIEW TIME TO RECTIFY!!!!
This book is the first in a trilogy by Sylvain Reynard..Wow this book totally surprised me.. although I was not sure what was going to happen.. Have to admit this is so not your typical romance story.... Professor Gabriel Emerson and Julia Mitchell have a past... of course the Professor does not remember.. how could he forget a girl like Julia... I felt at times the Prof was a total Pompous jerk and I was searching for something in him that kept Julia holding onto on the feelings she has for him for such a long time.... and Lordy a professor-student relationship is so unacceptable.. we see their relationship develop into something so passionate and an exceptional love story.. that drags you in from beginning to end... I am shouting and cheering that they can really stay together I read this book in one sitting could not put it down...

5.0 out of 5 stars A compelling novel of discovery, trust and true love - loved it ♥, 18 Nov 2013
An avid reader. - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Firstly, if we are going to compare this to FSOG then I have to say this is definitely superior, but realise this is a romance in it's own right and shouldn't really be compared to something with a completely different sexual content. The similarities are both books cover insecurities and past demons and characters that have suffered.

I personally don't get that Julianne is being called weak and wimpy, she doesn't come across like that to me at all. I think Sylvain captured her torments fantastically and her emotional abuse both at the hands of her mother and Simon was portrayed fantastically with her being extremely shy and feeling such low self worth. Who wouldn't feel exactly as Julianne does after suffering that beforehand and I hope this is the only way I ever have to feel that way because this book does make you feel things that sit uncomfortably.

As for Gabriel he has his own demons and I can't help but love him as he works his way through them.

I honestly loved this novel, I loved it's pace and it's deepness and I loved the journey of jealousy, evolving trust, emotional abuse and understanding and the love that grew.

Read this book because you love a good romance with strong characters, characters that are flawed, but mostly characters that have depth and you won't be disappointed because it is an excellent love story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 11 Jun 2013
I was recommended this book by a friend. I thought I would give it a go. By the first few pages I was hooked. It's is a very intense book. The relationship between Gabriel and Julianne enthralling. I love both of them and can't wait to read the second book. Love it xx

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing book, 16 April 2013
Deborah - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Very good book with strong well written characters, once you start reading it's difficult to put down once I'd finished this I was straight onto Rapture

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretentious and rather longwinded, 24 Feb 2013
It was okay, but I thought Gabriel was very pretentious and at times unbelievable, while Julia was pathetic and annoying. Of course we all knew they were going to get together, because that's how these stories work, but having set up the tension about the relationship being forbidden as he is her professor, with him even taking legal advice, that part of the story just fizzled out. I think it may resurface in the second book, but that's annoying because I feel I'm just being set up to cough up more money for the sequel.
Parts are repetitive - for example they both keep chewing each others bottom lip when they kiss. Parts are unbelievable - why did Paul so happily accept that Julia had made up with her old boyfriend when he seemed so keen on his little rabbit, and then just conveniently drop out of the story? Why would Grace leave her adopted son her diamond earrings rather than her biological daughter? And as for him claiming to be a murderer because his ex girlfriend had a miscarriage while he was under the influence was just plain silly. And if you aren't into Dante, then parts of the story will get rather boring and tedious.
I did at least read it to the end, but I shan't bother with the second book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Was Ok, 19 Feb 2013
I liked it but got bored towards the end. Didnt want to go on to the second book as bad reviews
but was good read in some bits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gabriel is a bit of creep, but still a compelling read, 15 Jan 2013
This review is from: Gabriel's Inferno: 1 (Gabriel 1) (Paperback)
Read these books (Gabriel's Inferno and Gabriel's Rapture) over the Christmas holidays. I was pleased that I had nothing much else to do cos I was hooked. I wouldn't say they are better than Fifty or Bared to You, although they are similar, but I would say these books have a creepiness that is way different to either. And the source of creep is probably 80% Gabriel and 10% Julianne/Julia (I wasn't sure what her real name was!), and 10% Sylvain Reynard (the author) who is some sort of anonymous mystery figure. I definitely recommend that you try them but whether you'll enjoy Gabriel is not a given. He could be the sort of intense person you avoid in social gatherings. Am keen to read number 3 just to see whether the creepiness continues...

Gabriel's Inferno: 1 (Gabriel 1)
Gabriel's Inferno: 1 (Gabriel 1) by Sylvain Reynard (Paperback - 11 Oct 2012)
5.59