5.0 out of 5 stars Simply lovely
An enjoyable and lovely wee read, easy to follow but not lacking in substance with twists and turns along the way. Sophie is a character that fellow introverts can identify with.
Published 13 months ago by Amy Rhiannon Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars No emotional connection
Published 13 months ago by Sally

3.0 out of 5 stars No emotional connection, 13 Jun 2013
This review is from: Billy and Me (Paperback)
I thought it was a nice story, an easy read but thought it really lacked an emotional connection between Sophie and Billy. It's a shame as Giovanna went into such emotional detail about her other relationships with her mum, dad and Molly and yet with Billy I just didn't feel they connected. There were no love scenes (and I know there doesn't need to be, or any particular detailed scenes) but even just a quick reference to it would be better than nothing. It seemed he was giving her a chaste kiss on their first date and then skipped to living with him. I shed a tear at other aspects of the book but felt nothing really about their relationship.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: Billy and Me (Kindle Edition)
I was looking for an easy, light read one evening and came across this book. I hate to be negative but it was so badly written. Far too many exclamation points, rushed ending, no emotional connection with any of the characters - to say I was disappointed was an understatement. I skim-read two thirds of the book as I wanted to know what happened but I could have predicted it from the start. The big 'secret' wasn't well thought-out and there was no real incentive to feel sorry for Sophie as she was rather self-absorbed. A shame as a stronger edit would have made it a better book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply lovely, 3 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars a great read, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Billy and Me (Kindle Edition)
Couldn't put the book down till I'd finished it ,read it in a day felt as if I was in the coffee shop with all the lovely cakes .

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for Gi's next book :), 28 May 2013
This review is from: Billy and Me (Kindle Edition)
Absolute amazing book. Sad it's over literally couldn't put it down. Wish I had known to be prepared with a box of tissues

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING BOOK!, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Billy and Me (Kindle Edition)
I honestly couldn't recommend this book enough!

I read it in just under 3 hours (which is a little extreme but hey! It was just too good)

This is honestly such a fantastic read - you immediately fall in love with the story line, the warmth of all the characters. It was such an emotional roller-coaster! You can't help but root for Sophie and fall in love with Molly (we all need a Molly in our lives) and of course who can forget Billy - EVERY girl will want her own Billy! The story was just simply stunning and took turns and twists which you don't expect.

All in all EVERYONE needs to read this book!!

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT

It was fantastically written and I do hope that there could possibly be a sequel?

Either way I cannot wait to read another one of Giovanna's books - Hopefully sometime very soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I've read in a long time, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Billy and Me (Paperback)
I received "Billy and Me" on Friday evening and have not put it down since. I read it every single night and was gripped with the amazing storyline and range of characters of whom you become attached to. The twists and turns in the story left me up till almost midnight every night just to finished the chapter. It went from sections where I laughed to myself to parts where I cried my eyes out for almost 20 minutes none stop! A fantastic read for anyone and a great gift for a McFly fan! Would recommend it to everyone at a cheap price. Hopefully she writes more!
10/10 :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming, touching and totally unputdownable!, 24 May 2013
This review is from: Billy and Me (Paperback)
I'd had this book on preorder for ages & was counting down to its release with the author Giovanna on Twitter. When I got my email from iTunes to say it was available for me to download at 5 minutes past midnight on its day of publication I did it immediately. I started reading it the next day & somehow managed to finish it in two days, whilst looking after a 5 month old baby! I haven't read at all since having the baby, let alone finish a book. That's how good it is!
I felt it really easy to get to know the characters & instantly felt a warmth towards Sophie. And Billy? Well every girl wants to find her Billy!
I really could not put this book down & encountered every emotion during our time together. Giovanna writes so beautifully & knows how to make you smile, laugh, bring a lump to your throat and a tear to your eye, all at the right time.
I can't wait for her next release.
Go buy it & devour it!! :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't like, 31 May 2014
This review is from: Billy and Me (Paperback)
I purchased this book after reading the wonderful reviews. I'm a big chick lit fan and was very much looking forward to cosying up and getting lost in Billy and Me, unfortunately I was very much let down.

The main characters are extremely flat and the way the book is written seems rather childish. Every other sentence finishes with an exclamation mark, one can only assume in an attempt to make up for the lack of excitment in the plot. This was a big disappointment as I was expecting big things & very much wanted to enjoy Giovanna Fletchers work.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good debut novel but not 5*, 7 Jun 2013
R Hood (Plymouth, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Billy and Me (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book for my Kindle after reading many great reviews after its publication.

The plot was quite unrealistic whereby the romance seemed rushed and the couple were madly in love despite seeming to only share one kiss! I didn't find the characters that likeable, in fact I thought that the main character was very selfish and over-reacted throughout the whole book!

The writing style was OK but some of the same adjectives were irritatingly used over and over - the use of "blooming" was particuarly annoying.

I think the book should probably have been marketed as YA as the writing style and plot content seems more suited to the younger demographic (I imagine the majority of the 5* reviews are from young McFly fans ;))

Overall the book was OK for a debut novel and is great for an easy read in the sun.

Billy and Me
Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher (Paperback - 23 May 2013)
3.85