on 7 October 2011
I bought this ready for Christmas for my nearly 2 year old as he loves In The Night Garden. I have not checked the sounds as the battery cover is still in place and don't want it to wear down, so can't comment on the 'noisy' part.

However, taking a look at the book I am very disappointed in it and don't expect it to last beyond Easter. The 'book' part is just paper and not board as more suitable for the age range it is aimed at. I can see my son trying to turn the paper pages and ripping them.

Why or why was it not made out of board like most of these books I will never know? For the price I had expected it to be of a higher quality and sadly it is not.
44 comments|33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 October 2012
This hardback book actually has standard paper pages, which will get torn very easily by both by 1 and 3 year old boys. They love In The Night Garden and I expected a more robust book, especially what it is hard back. The online product information doesn't state the guidance on the book, which highlights it is not suitable for children under 3. It's a real shame because it's under 3s that love the programme the most and I want to encourage my little ones to turn the pages themselves. There are lots of sounds but only half a sound dedicated to iggle piggle (our littles ones favourite character) and some sounds are difficult for little ones to recognise. The story is quite complex for a 1 year old but having bought it, we are giving it a go....
on 10 July 2012
This is a good book for my son who is 2 and enjoys all the ITNG noises. However afte a few months the buttons don't work as well and when we press one, it makes the noise for the one underneath/or on top. A bit disappointing but a firm favourite with my son.
on 4 May 2012
This was a brilliant purchase, my grand-daughter loves it, especially the noises it makes, Well worth the price, all the different noises are just like the night garden, just like having the night garden 24/7
on 23 July 2012
I bought this for a one year old and it is a fab, interactive book. The noises are fun and are linked to the TV show that all fans will know and love. Brilliant book!
on 15 January 2012
The book itself is fine, but the sound is really fuzzy and unclear and all sounds the same. My little girl was unimpressed, sadly.
on 23 August 2013
A great book for any in the night garden fans! :-) recommended highly lovely story with sounds to play along to.
on 17 April 2012
Our 1 year old totally loves In The Night Garden, and to prevent us from re-watching episodes endlessly this book allows her to view the characters and play the sounds of the TV show while we can turn the TV off for a bit of extra play time :)

The story is simple, but effective, the sounds are very clear and well presented.

I can find no fault as the book delivers exactly what we expected :)
on 21 June 2013
The sound is like a speaker has blown can not hear the noises of the characters at all! Was not impressed
on 3 November 2012
Like the book but its only £5 in asda. My son thinks its great but I think the sounds could be better