5.0 out of 5 stars An easy-read book for all ages and fans of Doctor Who
As a 'mature' adult who usually purchases the 'other' Doctor Who novels, I was rather apprehensive about purchasing the new 2-in-1 Doctor Who novel range. Then I thought...what the heck!
Published on 14 Mar. 2011 by Bryan

3.0 out of 5 stars Book 1 - Doctor Who: Heart of Stone / Death Riders
I didn't realise when ordering, that these books were more for younger readers, than for some of us older people
Published 23 months ago by John Armstrong

5.0 out of 5 stars An easy-read book for all ages and fans of Doctor Who, 14 Mar. 2011
Bryan (uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Book 1 - Doctor Who: Heart of Stone / Death Riders (Paperback)
I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the story-telling and the characters were true to their television selves! Yes, the text is large but for someone with waning eyesight I found it very good. Also, the chapters are short and so you can read a few as and when you have the time. The stories themselves were as good as any 'adult' Doctor Who novels or stories appearing in the Doctor Who annuals and storybooks over the past few years.
So, in summary, I highly recommend these books for young and old alike and I think they would be enjoyable for anyone who doesn't really know a lot about Doctor Who - assuming there is anyone out there! Is there...?

4.0 out of 5 stars Doctor Who Heart of Stone / Death Riders, 14 April 2013
Death Riders and Heart of Stone are two exciting original Doctor Who adventures written for younger fans of the BBC television series, which stars Matt Smith as the Doctor.

Death Riders

The Galatic Fair has arrived on the mining asteroid of Stanalan and anticipation is building around the construction of the fair's most popular attraction - the Death Ride! But there is something sinister going on behind all the fun of the fair; people are mysteriously dying in the Off-Limits tunnels. Join the Doctor, Amy and Rory as they investigate. . .

Heart of Stone

The Doctor, Amy and Rory are surprised to discover lumps of moon rock scattered around a farm. But things get even stranger when they find out where the moon rock is coming from - a Rock Man is turning everything he touches to stone! Can the Doctor, Amy and Rory find out what the creature wants before it's too late?

The return of the classic BBC television series Doctor Who in 2005 has created a new generation of young fans - Justin Richards's Death Riders and Trevor Baxendale's Heart of Stone are perfect reads for younger readers who can't get enough of the doctor. Further Doctor Who adventures, Step Back in Time, The Good, the Bad and the Alien, Alien Adventures, Sightseeing in Space and Monstrous Missions, are also available from BBC.

Discover more about the very best Doctor Who books; go to [...] for news, reviews and more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doctor Who Death Riders/Heart of Stone, 28 Jan. 2011
heart of Stone & Death Riders
What a cleaver and brilliant concept 2 books in 1
They were both very much a Doctor Who adventure exactly like what we have come to expect from both authors but the great thing about these was the 2 stories were each very much their own stories entirely different kinds of adventures but so very much the doctor adventures
This is the first book I have read that has the new Doctor in with Amy Pond, I have welcomed the new doctor with open arms and think he has fitted into his role very well. The writers have managed to maintain the true Doctor spirit that is so fabulous in all his adventures. This has been combined with the traits of the new Doctor so very well.
The descriptive way both stories are written makes it run like a mini film in your head.
I cant make my mind up to which story I like best they are both so well written but so different.
I paticularly like the idea of the 2 in 1 book because when I have finished reading one story I can go straight to reading the other.
Trevor Baxendale's Heart of Stone definately rocks
Justin Richards Death Riders definately Geronimo ride for the Doctor and Amy.
well done to both authors keep up the brilliant writing.
I will keep reading.Doctor Who: The Jade Pyramid (Dr Who)

5.0 out of 5 stars Racing, 1 Feb. 2011
I really enjoyed both of these books. The design is really interesting and I loved being able to turn over and read another book.

I prefer to Death Riders to Heart of Stone, though I really enjoyed both, I found Death Riders to have a slightly faster pace and a slightly better grip of the characters.

I really enjoyed reading stories with Rory in and loved the way The Doctor bounced around the page.

It feels slightly younger than I am, but I think that anyone can enjoy them!

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC READ!!!!, 1 Jun. 2013
I read this book beacause l am a HUGE Doctor Who fan and I love a good adventure. In this particular book, you get a two stories that are completely different yet exciting and dangerous. But that's how the Doctor is. For children 9+.

3.0 out of 5 stars Book 1 - Doctor Who: Heart of Stone / Death Riders, 9 Mar. 2013

Book 1 - Doctor Who: Heart of Stone / Death Riders