5.0 out of 5 stars A must for In The Night Garden Fans!
I bought this book for my 3 year old - an enthusiastic fan to say the least - and he absolutely loves it! He insists on me reading it to him every night before bed and now knows it word for word!

Published on 14 Nov 2007 by A. S. Clement

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed
Published on 24 Oct 2007 by Hellie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed, 24 Oct 2007
Hellie (West Mids, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In The Night Garden: Songs & Rhymes from In the Night Garden (Hardcover)
Hi just received this book. It is beautifully laid out and all the songs are included. I had ideally bought it for our 2 year old daughter however, upon seeing the text I feel it is more appropriate for our younger daughter (8 Months). In that it has pictures and songs but no more story line which our 2 year old would need. Needless to say a lovel gift for younger children and babies.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for In The Night Garden Fans!, 14 Nov 2007
A. S. Clement "Luke's Mummy" (Bristol, England, UK) - See all my reviews

The book is suitable for all young children and is beautifully presented - it has all the well known rhymes and songs that the TV programme has and is a great gift for any Night Garden fan!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice enough, 17 Feb 2008
Amazon Customer (Farnham, Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
As all the reviews say, nicely presented book, in the style of the series. To be fair, it is titled 'Songs and Rhymes from "In the Night Garden"' and it is exactly that - so you shouldn't expect a story in it, there are other story books if you are looking for that sort of thing. I think they missed an opportunity here as it would have made a lovely set if this was presented with the CD. I would have given it more stars if it had been a proper board book (my 18 month old son is still quite rough with books at the moment!) - it is hardback and the pages are made of card but they are not as strong as board books. Good value for £5.99 though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, but insubstantial, 16 Nov 2007
My 2 year old son loves this book, it is well made, quite tactile as books go, and has all the songs/rhymes from the series. However, that is it! No story nothing extra. I paid full price for this in the shops, but would definitely recommend it at this price

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunningly beautiful but prone to damage, 14 Dec 2008
Seamus Martin (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This book does exactly what it says on the tin, i.e. it provides the words to the songs and rhymes from In The Night Garden. It is NOT a story book and never claims to be. It is ideal for singing and reading to a child familiar with the TV programme and brings much joy in my household. I finally know the correct words of the Iggle Piggle song and the Makka Pakka rhyme!

The artwork is stunning. A few quibbles, however. The book has the Ha Hoos saying "Ha hooo", whereas they never speak in the TV show but simply boing slowly along.

More annoyingly, part of the Iggle Piggle departure text is incorrect and some is missing.

My most serious reservation about this book is that despite its beauty, it is physically not as robust as it needs to me for a destructive toddler. The pages are made of cardboard. Definitely much better than mere paper but they are not hardboard like many children's books including other "In The Night Garden" products. The result is that many pages of our copy have become bent and dog-eared in the bottom right corner where they are turned. Also the pages as a whole have started to become detached from the cover.

The book may be physically better suited to an older child who knows to treat a book gently and with respect, but by the time they reach that level of maturity, maybe they will be too old for the content.

5.0 out of 5 stars fabtastic!!, 3 Nov 2007
mikki "mikki" (hove, east sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
when i got this book i was impressed with the quality of it...
my 2 year old loves it... he gets the book out and looks for all the characters.. have to sat he loves it... i wasnt sure at first as the book is just the songs but its his favouite book in the house!!!!!!!
great present!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!!, 7 Dec 2007
Annabel (Northampton) - See all my reviews
This is a beautifully presented book and I had to double check the invoice as I thought I had only bought a few cheap stocking fillers!!

I haven't given it to my 1 year old daughter yet - but I am confident she will love it as it has beautiful pictures of all her favourite characters and all the wonderful rhymes.

Very excited!!

5.0 out of 5 stars brillaint book for fans of in the night garden, 21 Feb 2010
Mrs. V. C. Lawless "vicky" (warrington) - See all my reviews
brillaint book for fans of in the night garden, I've learnt the songs to the indiviual ones and my daughter loves to sing along to them too. read the book several times a day maybe more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book ever for 18 month old, 3 Mar 2014
My grand daughter adores this book. It's dog- eared through use but she can name every character, demands the songs and her vocabulary see ms to develop each time she reads it. You need to be able to stomach the Night Garden songs being repeated endlessly though!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great book for little fans of the programme, 25 Sep 2013
I would recommend this product. Very sturdy, bright colours, exciting for children My grandson loves singing all the funny words.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›