Format: Board book|Change

VINE VOICEon 25 June 2010
This book is part of a 4 book set, although it's not actually necessary to own the other books in the set (Time to Wash Faces, All aboard the Ninky Nonk and The happy waving game). The Upsy Daisy book is the second in the set.

The book has a short and simple story to it and contains lots of quotes from the programme, such as 'Oh no! it's the Ninky Nonk!' which In The Night Garden fans will love as it will be familar to them and they can join in with it even if they can't read the words.

Each page has a different colour which is not only very nice to look at but can aid children in learning their colours. On one page is writing (with silhoettes of characters in the background) and on the other page are big, glossy scenes and characters from In The Night Garden. The pictures are exactly as they appear on tv and are great to look at.

The book has 16 pages and starts on the very first page. The pages are quite thick and are easy for little fingers to turn, aswell as being quite durable. The whole book can be wiped clean too.

In The Night Garden fans are sure to love this book but it probably wont appeal to children who don't watch In The Night Garden because the characters and references will seem abit confusing. The book is unisex but MAY appeal more to girls than boys, simply because it's an Upsy Daisy book and not an Igglepiggle book! (although Igglepiggle is featured throughout)

Overall I think this is a lovely little book with a cute story about friendship. The pictures and colours are great, aswell as the length of the book - long enough to have a story but short enough to hold a young childs attention until the end.
on 6 November 2007
My 19 month yr old just loves In the night garden, this book is such a good buy, a must have for all in the night garden fans!!!!
on 5 February 2008
I bought all 4 books from this collection, they are perfect for youngsters.
The pages are thick card, so not so easy to rip, bend or mutilate!!!
Any drool is easily wiped clean too :o)

Good little bedtime story books, with nice story, good colours & plenty of familiar faces from the TV progrm.

Highly recommended.
on 25 November 2013
The Night Garden books are fabulous for toddlers. I already have four of the set and ordered this book - story 2 - to match the set I have for my grandson. TWICE I was sent the Ladybird version of this book (that doesn't match the set) and twice had to return the book. The Ladybird version is a different cover and style from the one displayed. Maybe Amazon have now made sure that the version sent matches the picture but I didn't want to take a third chance and ordered from another Amazon seller. I had no problems returning the book to Amazon and receiving a refund but have only given one star because I have advised Amazon that the wrong book cover is displayed and they say it isn't. Certainly, in my experience, the wrong book was sent TWICE.
on 19 March 2015
Nice book shame it has a couple of pages which are the same as All aboard the Ninky Nonk and the print isn't as good, darker in shade. I ordered from the Book House and it was in very good condition again I wiped the pages and cover down with anti-bacterial wipes as there was the odd mark which wiped clean
on 28 November 2009
I bought this book for my daughter who absolutely loves In The Night Garden. The quality of the book is great - long lasting, as we read this every night before bed! The illustrations and the content of the story are fantastic - very life like! I would highly recommend this book.
on 27 December 2009
i am very pleased with the durability i wasnt expecting it to be so well made i thought the pages would be very flimsy but they are sturdy and easy to turn over for young hands, the person i have bought this for is too young to read yet but the pictures are very colourful
on 4 September 2011
My 15 month old son loves this book as he can relate to the charachters, and knows all the songs and spiels, which makes reading even more fun for him. He makes me read this book over and over again to him.
on 10 January 2012
Nice, simple stories for 3-5 years old. Well kept books and children love them to bits. I got the whole collection for a better experience. Familiar characters to children help them to enjoy quickly.
on 2 January 2014
my baby granddaughter lives in Berlin but enjoys In the Night Garden and this character is her favourite. She brings the book to the screen to show me when her Mummy and I Skype.