5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for revision

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
good.
Published 1 month ago by Enkhtulga

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for revision, 2 Jan 2006
This review is from: Revision Express English Language ('A' LEVEL REVISE GUIDES) (Paperback)
I think this is the best revision book there is for A-level English language. It covers all parts of the cours (all exam boards) including language analysis, child's aquisition, language change and variation and language interaction. I have found it extremely helpful as it condenses everything down into bullet points and is very easy to understand. However, you also need to do further reading to get more detail, but this book is a great starting point and for revision.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesaver, for sure., 16 May 2007
A. P "Persepolis" (Eastbourne, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
It's a difficult course to take, considering the jump from GCSE to A-level, but this book makes life so much easier. If you misunderstand things in class, this book will most definately have it in an easier to understand form. It has different content for each exam board, so its universal for just about every iteration of the course.

Lets just hope i don't fail the exam next week. [:

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for the basics, 9 July 2007
This book would be a great help to any student studying A/S or A-Level English Language as it covers all the topics that may arise in the exam. Although it may not be detailed enough to cover the wide variety of theories that you may want to write about, this is a very good foundation for building your knowledge. If used with extra research or detailed class notes this contains everything you need to pass your exam.

Easy to read and layed out very well it is an excellent aid to your revision. It has a very useful section which lets you know which parts you need to study depending on your exam board and gives you a chrcklist to fill in to help you revise thoroughly.

I found this was one of the best books on the market so if you're struggling this is a must read and if not then it's well worth it anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Saver, 11 Mar 2007
This book is the most helpful guide I have managed to find ever! I recently left my English Language class because my teacher was rude to me to the point that she offended my nature and sickened my soul. I have Entered to re-sit all of my AS exams and A2. I Had no knowledge of the subject and I have had to teach myself for the last few weeks of the course. Reading the first few pages convinced me that it was the right choise. I've been able to form a clear glossary of terms. I thought it wasn't possible to learn in only a few weeks but already I feel much more confident. It covers many boards and marks the neccessary info for certain boards. it has a present and consistant layout.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!, 8 Jan 2006
this book is so useful for me, as I have module exams soon and was panicking about how little revision I had done! So I bought this book off Amazon and I am so glad that I did! All the exams boards are covered,as are all the topics and if,like me, you weren't sure of what you need to cover, the inside cover contains a checklist of everything in the book. I particularly like the ease of use and how you can use it to either revise in full or just quickly glance at the pages to cram! I really do recommend this book to all English Language AS and A2 students.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 23 May 2008
Brought this book after having a particularly bad experience in a mock exam. So glad I did, condenses everything down into manageable chunks and cuts the rubbish out which some guides have. The result in getting this was two As on the exam modules at AS and improved grades in the following year. Hopefully this will help me to success later on in the year!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 4 Feb 2013
Great item just what I was looking for received item very quickly and packed well will recommed to others to buys from

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 3 April 2011
A brilliant book to help alongside AS and A2 English Language course. The main reason I bought it was because I was struggling with grammar but this book covers everything you need to know in an easy to understand way!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 30 May 2010
The book was fairly priced and arrived within the estimated time.

However, to say that it was a 'new' book, it had two bent corners and a damaged spine - so was either packaged inadequately or was damaged before shipping.

Other than that, it serves a good purpose and was a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Covers Everything!!!, 29 Dec 2008
I would recommened this book to any English Language student...AS or A2, Spec A or Spec B because though it does not go into depth too far into each specific topic... it covers everything you need to know and will ever go over!

Revision Express English Language ('A' LEVEL REVISE GUIDES)
Revision Express English Language ('A' LEVEL REVISE GUIDES) by Mr Alan Gardiner (Paperback - 31 Mar 2005)
Used & New from: £0.01