5.0 out of 5 stars Total English Upper Intermediate
Published on 24 Aug 2012 by TJ

3.0 out of 5 stars Feeling conned?
Published on 3 Feb 2012 by ted

5.0 out of 5 stars Total English Upper Intermediate, 24 Aug 2012
This review is from: Total English Upper Intermediate Student's Book and DVD Pack (Paperback)
This book has a very good balance of material where all skills need to be developed but a higher priority is placed on conversation. Pictures are used extensively to introduce topics and ideas and useful activities match appropriate vocabulary and phrases which students have to think about to match. The pictures form an excellant starting point for conversation which can often be taken in a number of directions. The lexis often allows students to develop a familiarity with collocations. As with most books of this kind there are activities which provide practice with skills and systems. Perhaps one weak point is that it doesn't allocate much space to pronunciation.

3.0 out of 5 stars Feeling conned?, 3 Feb 2012
I am new to teaching and may be I am naive, but I thought that when I bought the teacher's book (with cd-rom) and student book (with dvd) that I would be up and running. Imagine my surprise when I realised that the listening exercises are on a seperate cd! At £40-odd! That is far from clear in the product description and I feel well and truly trussed up like a kipper. To think I was contemplating buying some different levels......

5.0 out of 5 stars The usefulness of textbooks, 24 Sep 2010
very good for functional English. The texts bring out good subjects for discussion too. The DVD needs to be listened to carefully, but I think that's a good thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant book, 9 Jun 2014
A very easy to follow book. Activities are explained well. Pictures look up to date. Hopefully will be appealling to my students

Total English Upper Intermediate Student's Book and DVD Pack
Total English Upper Intermediate Student's Book and DVD Pack by Araminta Crace (Paperback - 30 Mar 2006)