5.0 out of 5 stars Ladies of Letters say no
'Ladies of Letters Say No' is very amusing and I thoroughly enjoyed the banter between Patricia Routledge and Prunella Scales. They say things we have always wanted to, but were brought up not to. Extremely funny and well worth a listen!
Published on 11 Feb 2009 by P. J. Pearson

Amusing story told to you, I bought it for my mum who likes audio books. The story gets going and it is amusing but it does develop into a bit of a farse. told through a series of letters from two old ladies and some others.
Published 19 months ago by Grant Blackwood

5.0 out of 5 stars Ladies of Letters say no, 11 Feb 2009
P. J. Pearson - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent audio book, 4 Feb 2009
Sheila Camp "Sheila" (Durham) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Ladies of Letters Say No (BBC Audio) (Audio CD)
My mother has poor sight but loves reading and thoroughly enjoys listening to this over and over again. I listened to it first and felt quite sad sniggering on my own at the expressions of Prunella Scales and Patricia Routledge. If you have a vivid imagination this makes it more entertaining. A good purchase for someone who likes reading but has failing eyesight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hugely funny!, 6 Jun 2011
Alessandra Arosio (Milan, Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ladies of Letters Say No (BBC Audio) (Audio CD)
Make sure you check your composure if you listen to this audiobook on public transport! It's very funny and will make you laugh loud. The language, expressions and interpretation of the two ladies is highly entertaining and enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Divas!, 10 Nov 2008
bsomers "bsomers" (West New York, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ladies of Letters Say No (BBC Audio) (Audio CD)
Insanely funny. Two witty ladies at their peak.

I hope there are more volumes of this series to come.

I wish someone would have the idea of having them do this LIVE on stage as a one-night only performance.

3.0 out of 5 stars Amusing story told to you, I bought it for my mum who likes audio books, 16 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Among the best of the series, 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: Ladies of Letters Say No (BBC Audio) (Audio CD)
In common with many other worthwhile people, Irene has a social conscience. Like a true heroine, she attempts to right wrongs by putting her beliefs into practice. She and her friends are among those who spend time trying to raise money for charity, support their local hospital and prevent the closure of amenities such as post offices. They quietly and patiently make every effort to keep-up civilised standards in society. Such people are hardly ever given recognition, appreciation or reward. In Irene's case her efforts are recorded in this very funny episode of the Ladies of Letters series, which is performed to perfection by Prunella Scales and Patricia Routledge. Of course everything which can go wrong does do so, as revealed in the emails between Irene and Vera. There is plenty of action and some knock-about comedy, and even the involvement of an elevated personage before everything turns out for the best. In an extremely satisfying happy ending a villain is defeated, Vera is rescued from a tricky situation, and the ladies’ environment is saved from the threat of unwanted ‘development’. This is delightful escapism. It could appeal particularly to those people who give up their free time in order to make the world a better and kinder place and to stand up against selfishness and greed. I recommend it highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars as expected, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Ladies of Letters Say No (BBC Audio) (Audio CD)
This was a Christmas gift for my mother. So I have no idea if it's ok or not. What else can I say.
She said she would listen to it when she went back home after Christmas.

3.0 out of 5 stars ladies of letters say no, 4 Jan 2013
This review is from: Ladies of Letters Say No (BBC Audio) (Audio CD)
i love the two actresses on this tape
but i got a bit bored with it.
i would recommend it to friends but
would also tell them how i felt listening to it.
yours,
june byrne

5.0 out of 5 stars Short stories, 9 Dec 2012
This review is from: Ladies of Letters Say No (BBC Audio) (Audio CD)
Again i use it when i am on my exercise bike and it is a very good way to get your daily 20 minutes

5.0 out of 5 stars Ladies you are funny, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Ladies of Letters Say No (BBC Audio) (Audio CD)
I am a fan of Ladies of Letters Audio CD's. I have several of them and having trouble sleeping I always have one by my bedside so that I can use it in my personal CD player. I only wish Amazon sold more of them. Prunella Scales and Patricia Routledge have such funny saying and words that I giggle out loud. Keep us the good work Ladies.

Ladies of Letters Say No (BBC Audio)
Ladies of Letters Say No (BBC Audio) by BBC Comedy (Audio CD - 3 Sep 2007)
8.01