5.0 out of 5 stars My Light Bulb Moment...
Published on 11 May 2010 by M. J. Mcgonigle

1.0 out of 5 stars Reader, Herts
I was encouraged to buy this book by all the rave reviews. I was very disappointed. Not sure exactly what it is if it is not a diet. Anything which asks you to remove wheat, dairy, sugar etc. and eat no carbs after lunchtime is pretty close to a diet as far as I'm concerned. Well done to the readers who found it suited them - it is not for me. Much prefer the...
Published on 4 Sep 2008 by Reader B

5.0 out of 5 stars My Light Bulb Moment..., 11 May 2010
M. J. Mcgonigle (uk) - See all my reviews
I have lost 64lbs in the past 12 months and I could not have done it without this book.I am 50 years of age and I have always struggled with my weight.BUT what made this book so special you may ask,the answer,this book deals with your head and not your stomach.Like most people I knew what I should and should not eat, but could not keep it up for more than a day or two at the most,this book helped me understand my behaviour around food,it took away DEPRIVATION and replaced it with choice MY CHOICE.Whether I ate something or not it was up to ME,have you any idea how liberating that feels. I have not eaten chocolate in over 12 months and this is from a confirmed chocoholic, I made the decision to cut it out of my diet, no one else ME.I recommend this book wholeheartedly,I have just finished reading it for the FOURTH TIME as I find it so motivating,there are many light bulb moments within the book,buy and read it, is my advice to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've changed forever!, 25 July 2012
This book has changed the way I think about food the way I feel about myself and changed my weight quite abit already. It's been 6 weeks since I opened the book and I am 1stone 7lbs lighter. I read every single review on here before I bought the book and then again afterwards as it inspired me so this is why I've returned to write my own. You need to read the book when you have peace and time and follow every activity that she tells you to do, listen to the CD every day for 3 weeks and you won't look back. I am 32 and have been on a 'diet' since I was 14 but never felt this way before or had as much success. I have a holiday in 2 weeks and I used to think when on my previous diets 'oh Ill have a week off' etc but this time I think no I don't want a week off I will continue as it's so easy!!! The first 3 days I had a bad head due to stopping the excessive chocolate bingeing (could easily eat 5 bars a day)but since then I have felt great, my body feels healthier and my mind is clearer too. It's not a quick fix, it's not magic but it does work as you can see from my results and over 200 others on here, it become part of you! If you feel like you have no where else to turn and want to change forever then buy the book you will not regret it! Marisa is also available on email and twitter and offers me support whenever I need it! *****

5.0 out of 5 stars This book helped me finally be the size I want!, 16 Feb 2009
I've never used a tool that works as well as this book. After years of boozing, my figure went from a size 8 to a 12, and I was stuck at a size 12. After reading this book, I went back down to an 8 within 2 months, and feel much healthier and happier for it. Even though I didn't have much weight to lose, I still found dropping that extra half a stone really difficult, but found it easy after reading this book and realising which foods do make you fat! I'd give it 10/10 for readability, and the CD definitely works, so don't give up reading the book! It's well worth the wait for the effects of the CD. You don't even care about food at the end of it, so long as you know it tastes nice AND is easily digestible/healthy for your body rather than full of cr@p like processed foods. I'd recommend this to anyone trying to lose any amount of weight, as it really does help you to look and feel better without consciously dieting! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing, 12 Sep 2008
CC "Clarri" (Wexford, Ireland) - See all my reviews
I bought this book nearly 2 weeks ago, and I have to say it is life changing. If you have a problem with food, emotional, overeating, comfort eating, any of these, this book is for you. I cannot begin to tell you how my life has changed due to reading this book. I have had a problem with food for all of my adult life. Diet after diet after diet, food has ruled my life, consistantly. And guess what, I have basically shed and gained the same weight over and over again. I was told about this book and went to the bookshop and looked at it, didnt want to do the exercises, didnt want to change what I was doing basically (ha, and she wonders why she couldnt get rid of the weight!!). Then I turned 40, read a bit more about the book, and with book tokens I had been given went and bought the book. I havent looked back. Food does now not rule my life. I am indifferent to it, and I have never been able to say that!! I have been tested to the limit, especially in past few days, hurt my back, (usually feel sorry for myself and "treat" myself), no, not this time. Relationship problems, comfort eat, no again!! Kids go to the takeaway and get my "fave" chips, I look at them while hungry, and again, no thanks, total indifference.
If you never buy any other books GET this one. It is amazing, and the cd is sooo relaxing.
Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A life changing experiance., 28 July 2012
Sometimes in life you read or hear something that just makes sense. Not only have I dropped 8kilos since reading this book but I have turned my life around and, made a kind of peace with myself. Marisa helped me to open up to who I really am and I found out I actually like me. I have recommended this book to so many of my friends and family and we are all happier and healthier for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 9 Nov 2009
Ms. Rachel Thompson (nottingham,england) - See all my reviews
Believe itor not it works. I've lost a stone in 2 weeks. Without being hungry or having cravings. You have to want to change though.
Reccommending it to all my friends. Rachel

5.0 out of 5 stars thank you marisa - it works!, 5 Sep 2012
Wendy Kelly (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
After having 2 children in my mid 30's and relying on sugar, crisps and caffeine to get me through the sleep deprivation and general fatigue which comes with having kids, i had found myself a slave to constant food cravings and i was piling on the weight. I felt tired, hungry and had lost my self confidence. I stumbled upon Marisa's book while browsing on my Kindle late one night in bed. Reading these reviews persuaded me to download it there and then. That was on May Day this year and 18 weeks later i have dropped 2 dress sizes and am 33 pounds (15 kg) lighter and so, so much happier. When people congratulate me on my 'will power' or say 'well done' (and people are commenting daily recently on how good i look - this feels good, especially as I have just turned 40 2 weeks ago!)i almost feel like a fraud as I can truly say that the process has not felt like an effort but an absolute pleasure! I have not felt deprived, hungry or frustrated at any point in the last 4.5 months and i know that i will continue to eat like this for the rest of my life. Will power does not come into it. I have been freed from a life of slavery to food and can now enjoy, but not be ruled by, food. The hypnosis aspect of the book and CD had a profound effect on me immediately and has made the process pretty much effortless. A huge thank you to Marisa who is a truly amazing person. I emailed her today to ask a food-related question and her personal response was almost instant and extremely helpful, so you feel that she is a woman who really cares and doesn't just want to sell you the book and then abandon you. I am so grateful for all the other reviewers here on Amazon too because if it hadn't been for them, I would not have bought the book at all.
In summary,if you are a person addicted to sugar, carbs and food in general, and in need of help, just do it - buy this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book changed my eating habits overnight!!!, 23 Dec 2007
Even as I was reading the book I started to change my eating habits. I followed Marisa's advice and immediately started to feel better and lose weight. Marisa opens the door and shows us what we have become through our poor eating habits. This is so much more than a diet book and it really works. I cannot recommend this book highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed my life, 4 April 2010
I bought this book 8 weeks ago and have already dropped over a stone in weight. It has changed the way I think about food forever. As soon as I had finished the book I knew that it would work, even when family and friends were saying "oh yeah another fad diet". Well there not saying it anymore. As far as I am concerned I am not on a diet, I eat great healthy food whenever I like. Thank you Marisa you have changed my life for the better.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will change your attitude to food forever, 27 Nov 2009
C. Armstrong (Northumberland) - See all my reviews
After years of going to diet 'clubs' and meetings I needed a change of direction. Marisa Peer has helped me to choose the right food and eat healthily forever. The book has become my Bible, for not only is her writing convincing, easy to read and sensible, she also includes the amazing CD that reinforces her message. I play it every day and am mesmerized by it. I have shed over one stone in weight and am at last very comfortable and within my correct BMI (hurray!!). I have no food cravings and am enjoying my new way of making decisions about food. I would thoroughly recommend the work of Marisa Peer to everyone.

ARRAY(0xa3494edc)