5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent introduction to the subject
An incredible book that is utterly unputdownable! It has a magazine like format that follows a time-line of the various schools of thought and explains their development in a concise yet engaging manner. It is perfect for anyone from interested amateurs to graduate students. I'm using it as part of a person-centred counselling course and find it completely invaluable - a...
Published on 8 Mar. 2012 by NobbyK

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT buy the Kindle edition
I bought this because I have paper versions of others in the series (Economics and Politics) and enjoyed both.

I really enjoy reading on my Android tablet so decided to go for this on Kindle.

As soon as it downloaded the front two pages showed a curious instruction concerning how to "zoom in".

I then started to skip to the first...
Published 11 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 48 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 19 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Psychology Book (Hardcover)
SO clear, interesting and concise. If you're just becoming intrigued by Psychology- this is the perfect book for you. Teaches you pretty much all the basics and leaves you thinking. Gets straight to the point with some detail but never bores you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT buy the Kindle edition, 23 Jun. 2014

I then started to skip to the first page as normal and found I could not see the text - you MUST "zoom in", using a double tap. You then are switched to a "PDF style" page which you can move around, but the text is not formatted for Android. Instead you have to move down and up for each column. I kid you not ! On every page. But it gets worse.

You cannot simply move to the next page. You have to "close" that page, scroll to the next, then "enter" that page with a double tap, where you again have scroll around by hand. Imagine that for every page !

It is a disgrace that a major published like DK thinks they can get away with this sort of treatment of tablet users.

Good for Amazon, I was able to return it immediately to get my money back.

Think twice about buying a DK book for your Kindle device until they apologise for this attitude and promise not to try it on again

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 25 Sept. 2012
This review is from: The Psychology Book (Hardcover)
This is a very well written book, with an excellent layout, which allows you to read it in small sections at a time, which makes it easier to concentrate more on what you want to know. I would definitely recommend it! =)

5.0 out of 5 stars very interesting, 12 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Psychology Book (Hardcover)
Thought this was a really interesting book that I bought for my boyfriend who is studying psychology. Although it does not go into great depths and is not an academic text book, we both found it really interesting for a general overview of psychological theories. It is really well laid out and gives just enough information on each theory to gain your interest. I am currently studying for my MA in social work and actually used some of it to find some psychologists of interest and then went and researched them more thoroughly. Others who have looked at the book with no background in psychology have also found it really interesting so it would be a good table book or gift for anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it all human theorists are in one place, 19 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Psychology Book (Hardcover)
these theories are used in business management as well, this is why i have chosen this product, i would recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars I strongly recommend all the books in this series, 26 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Psychology Book (Hardcover)
I strongly recommend all the books in this series. I bought them all for my teen children and are a frequent reference source. They are equally useful for adult readers, teachers and professors.

5.0 out of 5 stars It presents themes very clearly and in a way that is easy to understand and fun to read, 30 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Psychology Book (Hardcover)
I bought the book as a present, and received an extremely positive response. It presents themes very clearly and in a way that is easy to understand and fun to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars I got this due to my own personal interests and I was very happy with this purchase, 8 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Psychology Book (Hardcover)
This is a very detailed book, that is both engaging and informative!!! I got this due to my own personal interests and I was very happy with this purchase!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 4 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Psychology Book (Hardcover)
This book is absolute great. such an easy read. I am studying psychology and found that this book is very imformative and easy to understand

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs evolutionary psychology chapter, 20 April 2015
This review is from: The Psychology Book (Hardcover)
This book desperately needs updating with a section on evolutionary psychology. I puts students at a disadvantage without it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 48 | Next ›

The Psychology Book
The Psychology Book by Marcus Weeks (Hardcover - 1 Feb. 2012)