5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent introduction to the subject
Published on 8 Mar 2012 by NobbyK

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT buy the Kindle edition
I bought this because I have paper versions of others in the series (Economics and Politics) and enjoyed both.

I really enjoy reading on my Android tablet so decided to go for this on Kindle.

As soon as it downloaded the front two pages showed a curious instruction concerning how to "zoom in".

I then started to skip to the first...
Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent introduction to the subject, 8 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Psychology Book (Hardcover)
An incredible book that is utterly unputdownable! It has a magazine like format that follows a time-line of the various schools of thought and explains their development in a concise yet engaging manner. It is perfect for anyone from interested amateurs to graduate students. I'm using it as part of a person-centred counselling course and find it completely invaluable - a one stop shop for all your needs. Very well referenced and indexed too. Amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, 13 Jun 2012
This review is from: The Psychology Book (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my Son who is doing an Open University Course at the moment. He assures me that this book is fantastic for anyone interested in Psychology. He already has books for his course but wished he had had this book earlier. Very informative, easy to understand, up-to-date with great illustrations, exactly what you expect and guaranteed from Dorling Kindersley! Don't hesitate, buy it! Worth every penny!

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT buy the Kindle edition, 23 Jun 2014

I then started to skip to the first page as normal and found I could not see the text - you MUST "zoom in", using a double tap. You then are switched to a "PDF style" page which you can move around, but the text is not formatted for Android. Instead you have to move down and up for each column. I kid you not ! On every page. But it gets worse.

You cannot simply move to the next page. You have to "close" that page, scroll to the next, then "enter" that page with a double tap, where you again have scroll around by hand. Imagine that for every page !

It is a disgrace that a major published like DK thinks they can get away with this sort of treatment of tablet users.

Good for Amazon, I was able to return it immediately to get my money back.

Think twice about buying a DK book for your Kindle device until they apologise for this attitude and promise not to try it on again

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 21 May 2013
This review is from: The Psychology Book (Hardcover)
They look good, read easily, great to pick up for a quick browse and are well explained. I've ended up with the whole collection!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm over the moon..., 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Psychology Book (Hardcover)
It is a brilliant book. It can serve as a good starting point for stutying psychology more seriously. It opens up a lot of directions who are interested in this subject. I am absolutely satisfied with this book. I have ordered The Philosophy in this series. I love amazon.com, they do an excellent work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely not just for beginners!, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Psychology Book (Hardcover)
Don't be a snob and think that because this book is published by DK and has lots of snazzy graphics it's only suited to GCSE students and the like. I have studied psychology for many years and read hugely but I still found loads of new insights. It was also great to rediscover ideas I thought I was over-familiar with (Skinner etc) re-presented in a bright and engaging way.

Also great to see Nigel C. Benson back in the world of publishing (hello Nigel); his Introducing Psychology (aka Psychology: A Graphic Guide) remains my favourite ever beginners guide to the subject and his Introducing Psychiatry and Introducing Psychotherapy are also fabulous books. Buy them all!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Psychology Book, 15 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Psychology Book (Hardcover)
well written, presented and structured to make it easy to digest in small chunks. Would recommend to any A-Level or GCSE student looking for a good intro to this subject

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for everyone, especially Psychology lovers, 9 May 2014
This review is from: The Psychology Book (Hardcover)
bought this book for my girlfriend who is a psychology student, but had a quick read myself too - very interesting! and laid out in a very eye catching way, fun facts for everyone! and my girlfriend loved it, very accurate information and lots of it too! Great buy

4.0 out of 5 stars Psychology basics, 6 May 2014
This review is from: The Psychology Book (Hardcover)
This book is full of great infomation on a wide range of psychological topics. Im studying a psychology degree and I find it helpful for brushing up on the basics and improving my knowlege. Has lots of pictures and colour. Is set out nicely too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great starting point!, 6 April 2014
This review is from: The Psychology Book (Hardcover)
Easy to read, interesting but also entertaining. I recommend it to anyone interested in getting into psychology for general knowledge or as a start leading to further study.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Psychology Book
The Psychology Book by Marcus Weeks (Hardcover - 1 Feb 2012)
6.80