5.0 out of 5 stars Striking the right balance
Working on the recommendations on an Amazon list, I bought this to take along on a trip to Andalucia last week. It's a weighty tome that, following some basic travel information about the area, is divided into four sections dealing with geographical regions centred on Malaga, Seville, Cordoba and Granada. There's also some helpful background, including a comprehensive...
Published on 10 Oct 2009 by Jeremy Walton

3.0 out of 5 stars A rough guide indeed
Enjoyed this guide, and it was much better than other guides we looked at however...

- Some details annoying inaccurate. Although we bought the most up to date version opening times of museums, restaurants etc were probably 60% inaccurate. This led to some pretty annoying instances where we totally missed one museum because we were only in that location for a...
Published 14 months ago by S Lawrie

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Rough guide to Andalucia, 31 July 2013
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Andalucia (Paperback)
Great general guide, up to date and I was very informed before I took my holiday. Not enough detail on specific areas.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must for a non Costas trip., 26 July 2013
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Andalucia (Paperback)
Fantastic and invaluable. A real mine of detailed information but don't rely on all the restaurant recommendations. 3 that we looked up were closed and 2 of those had been closed for some time despite tis being the 2012 print. there is a ton of historical information in here and I reckon if you can be bothered to learn the language section you could more or less pass your self off as fluent (in a holiday/travelling context)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect amount of detail, 16 July 2013
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Andalucia (Paperback)
I took this book with me on a 2 week trip in Andalucia. It was really helpful and as of summer 2013 was still up to date. I found it had just the right amount of detail for both the small towns and the larger cities.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 8 Jun 2013
Worked well on the ground in Andalucia. Well laid out and easy to follow. Not sure it ideal for Kindle

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 2 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Andalucia (Paperback)
The best purchase we made for our trip to Andalucia. This book was invaluable for the amount of information it provided. Everything you could possibly need is contained in the Rough Guide. The maps were also very easy to read and large enough to not require reading glasses (at least for us!). One criticism though: we tried 2 of the restaurants mentioned in one of the Eating & Drinking sections. Sadly both restaurants were very disappointing and we had second-rate meals in both of them. I would not take these restaurant recommendations too literally. Other than that the book, although slightly weighty, is definitely worth purchasing for the sheer volume of information it contains.

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy with lots of info, but..., 18 Sep 2011
I bought the Rough Guide first time ever, as I always used Lonely Planet guides before. The Lonely Andalucia guide was re-designed, nice typeface, and all, but with lot less information than the Rough Guide edition. This one is great for background information, maps and all, but it's a bit outdated (some of the accommodation and eating places don't exist anymore). The thing, I didn't like was the food section - Economical and reasonably priced seemed to be very different to what I thought to be that - menu del dia in the book for 10 euros listed as very good value, even if places next door offered just the same for 6-7, or no fast food or market places listed at all. Also the listings did not follow any logic - as in Lonely Planet it goes from cheap to expensive. So the book is great, if you need loads and loads of info on cities and places, but it's a bit of a let down on the food - we ended up hunting ourselves, which took lot longer, than going to restaurants, fast food outlets, whatever recommended as in a Lonely Planet. All in all I still think, this book is better than the same offer in the Lonely edition, but hopefully my next destination will be nicely covered in a Lonely Planet, and I can use that one instead of a Rough Guide.

3.0 out of 5 stars Rough guides, 13 Sep 2010
Living in Andalusia I'm a little disappointed that much of the data contained in this book is already out of date, especially the numbering of the major roads.

5.0 out of 5 stars The essential guidebook for Andalucia, 31 Oct 2009
Murphy_1976 (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Quite simply the only guidebook you need for a trip to Andalucia. An excellent summary and I really can't fault any of their recommendations on sights, bars or restaurants. The writing around the recommendations is engaging, informative and very entertaining in places.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Rough Guide To Andalucia, 26 Sep 2009
Susan D. D. Pipe (spain) - See all my reviews
As The Rough Guide to Spain this book is a must so helpful in your travels

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Rough Guide, 15 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Andalucia (Paperback)
Excellent guide to the region of Andalucia. Restaurant reviews very helpful and all we tried, in the area of Ronda, were accurate. I always like Rough Guides and particularly the background history etc.

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

The Rough Guide to Andalucia
The Rough Guide to Andalucia by Mark Ellingham (Paperback - 1 May 2012)